Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cellular service randomly stopping will not return unless restarted

hello, my cellular service on my samsung S4 keeps disappearing randomly and will come back temporarily once I restart it but if I don't notice my texts are being sent nor can I receive any texts or calls. Is there a permanent solution?
icon

Best answer by Daniel Gunn 3 September 2014, 16:52

Hi TB, When you get the issue with signal on your phone are you pulling the battery out the phone to try to reset it? Or just powering it off? The Samsung S4 has been having some issues with signal since the newest update that's been received. First thing to do is pop the battery and sim card out and put them back in the phone after a few minutes. If you still find that the device is giving issues with signal, call tech support from a separate line if you can at 1-866-995-6636 option 6 to speak with tech support. They will need to do a resend to switch to the phone in order to refresh the network to the phone. Another option is to test another Koodo sim in the phone for a brief period of time and see if the issue occurs again, if not then it may be a sim card issue. If those options don't work you will need to do a factory reset to the phone which should fix said issues, keep in mind that you will lose your data on your phone when doing this so be sure to back up your phone. Hope that helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi TB, When you get the issue with signal on your phone are you pulling the battery out the phone to try to reset it? Or just powering it off? The Samsung S4 has been having some issues with signal since the newest update that's been received. First thing to do is pop the battery and sim card out and put them back in the phone after a few minutes. If you still find that the device is giving issues with signal, call tech support from a separate line if you can at 1-866-995-6636 option 6 to speak with tech support. They will need to do a resend to switch to the phone in order to refresh the network to the phone. Another option is to test another Koodo sim in the phone for a brief period of time and see if the issue occurs again, if not then it may be a sim card issue. If those options don't work you will need to do a factory reset to the phone which should fix said issues, keep in mind that you will lose your data on your phone when doing this so be sure to back up your phone. Hope that helps!