Koodo Community
Question

Cell Data on iphone 7 not working

Cell Data on phone has stopped working.  Data plan is not maxed and there is no block on it.  We have restarted the phone, reset network settings and popped out the sim card.  Can’t get help from koodo until thursday.  We use the phone to monitor my childs diabetes and without the data we cannot see his blood sugar #’s and he’s away at a day camp for 12 hours.  Any help is greatly appreciated!  thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it just the diabetes app that doesn't work or doe web browsing also not work? 

Does any of this work while on wifi? 

Hi!

Thanks for your response!  It is not just the diabetes app that doesn’t work.  Tested that to see by trying the weather app with cell data-doesn’t work.  Everything works fine on wifi and even when I use my phone’s data as a hot spot for him.  I updated his phone and restarted it and still not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone do you have? 

Can you check in the phone's settings to see if a setting has data restricted once it reaches a limit? 

Also have you logged into self serve to see your data usage meter? What does it show there? 

Hi!

He has a iphone 7.  He has lots of data left and we are pay as you go so we don’t have any data restrictions enabled.

I’m going to try putting his sim card in another phone to see if it’s the issue.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi!

He has a iphone 7.  He has lots of data left and we are pay as you go so we don’t have any data restrictions enabled.

I’m going to try putting his sim card in another phone to see if it’s the issue.

Thanks!

That's a good idea. If we can rule out the phone or the account/sim, would be very helpful. 

Please let us know what you find