Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cant recieve calls while international roaming

I have $55 monthly plan and activated international combo $40 before leaving Canada. I cant recieve calls, when I tried calling my number, I am recieving messege that this number doesn't exist. Only reason I bought this international combo is to recieve calls, please advise ASAP.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you activate pay per use international long distance and international voice roaming in your self-serve? They are in ad-ons and are zero dollars. They enable roaming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Helle there.

Here's how to add the free international roaming packages. There's two of them : 

Connect to sell serve and go to your add-ons

Click to change the add-ons

Search for 1) International Voice Roaming and 2) International Data Roaming

Hi guys, I did added these before leaving Canada.

Userlevel 7
How long have you been with Koodo? Did you port your number from another carrier before right before you left? Have you tried restarting you device? Scroll to settings.. About and make sure you have the correct number provisioned.
Chad Burr wrote:

How long have you been with Koodo? Did you port your number from another carrier before right bef...

I purchased a 20 per month US unlimited text package and it does not work .  I cannot send or receive text5s here in Florida. I want to cancel it and any charges for January to be reversed .  Thank you
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

How long have you been with Koodo? Did you port your number from another carrier before right bef...

Try this.  Turn your phone on airplane mode then turn airplane mode off.  See if that works
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

[b]Buying any of the Travel Add-ons only nets you a savings on your roaming fees, it does not change anything about the ability of the phone to roam. Without the Voice / Text / Data Add-on, you can still roam at pay-per-use prices. If Cameron Jones' suggestion does not work, let the community know, and we'll review other options with you.
[b]
Chad Burr wrote:

I don't need roaming I need texting only and I was told in December that  I would not need roaming..  I am paying 20 dollars a month for unlimited texting US to Canada  and it still is not working.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

It's true you don't need a roaming package to text from the USA because Koodo charges you 5$ per 100 outgoing texts. What plan are you on and what add ons do you have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

And what network are you connected to in the USA?