Koodo Community
Question

Cant call long distance while roamong as a monthly customer

I am roaming in Aruba on Easyroam.

Data roaming works fine, I also receive incoming calls and texts, but I cannot make calls to Canada. I can't even listen to my voicemail.

Local calling works.

Please help.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do you try to make calls to Canada?

I tried everything, including adding +1 before the number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried everything, including adding +1 before the number

Have you tried to reset network settings of the phone and see if that help? Also, can you also try to put 011 before the Canadian number?

Also, in the selfserve plan, do you have the “Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance” add-on?

011 before the number did not help.

I do not have the pay-per-use LD option. All available add-ons are already selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to send texts? 

I am able to send texts, but I don't know yet whether they reach the destination.

I think at this point, I need a response from a Koodo customer service agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep. Hopefully the issue could be resolved via the forum.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! Can you now try powering your phone off & on and keep us posted if the issue persists?

@Julia, I already did and no result.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you hear some wort of error or the call simply won’T dial? Do you have another phone you can test the SIM card in? 

I hear the local operator say that this call can not be dialed. In English, it says that this call is not permitted.

I do not have another phone to test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I hear the local operator say that this call can not be dialed. In English, it says that this call is not permitted.

I do not have another phone to test.

There are two different partner networks that are compatible with Koodo in Aruba. Have you tried switching to the other carrier? You may choose from Digicel and Setar. 

I have tried both, manually. Setar registers, but does not allow to make calls.

Continued:

Digital allows to make local calls. 

I have done all the obvious stuff, I need specific help from a Koodo rep at this point.

Update: voice calling just started working, for no apparent reason. 

Issue resolved for now.