Koodo Community
Question

Cannot Send or Receive Text Messages

• 16 October 2021
  • 8 replies

I have recently ported my number from Bell to Koodo. I am able to send and receive phone calls; however, can't send or receive text messages.   I have validated my APN settings per Koodo's documentation and followed the other texting KBs. So far Koodo has missed two scheduled support calls.  Is there anyway to talk to a human at Koodo?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The APN settings was only for Data and MMS, you should still be able to receive SMS if the phone number was transferred completely.

When did you transferred to Koodo? When you scheduled a call back, did you receive any text or voicemail from them? Also, make sure you didn’t block their number ( 866-995-6636) in your phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have recently ported my number from Bell to Koodo. I am able to send and receive phone calls; however, can't send or receive text messages.   I have validated my APN settings per Koodo's documentation and followed the other texting KBs. So far Koodo has missed two scheduled support calls.  Is there anyway to talk to a human at Koodo?

Have you tried restarting your phone after the port transfer?

I have tried restarting the phone.   I have also tried using the sim from another phone.   My two scheduled callbacks were at noon and 2:00 pm today.  I have another callback scheduled for 4:30 pm, which is in five minutes.   I have low expectations.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have tried restarting the phone.   I have also tried using the sim from another phone.   My two scheduled callbacks were at noon and 2:00 pm today.  I have another callback scheduled for 4:30 pm, which is in five minutes.   I have low expectations.  

Is the number receiving incoming call normally? you could always schedule to another Canadian number (which you know it works well).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I hope your callback went through. If not, you can let us know and we can flag a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SmontyYVR When you ported your number, within 60 seconds Bell should have sent you text to ask you to authorize the port. You must respond to this text within 90 minutes otherwise the port fails.

It appears one of our reps help you out and your line is now up and running.  Glad to see all is well now! 

Update: the 4:30 support call happened.  The support tech imitated another port request.    I put the old SIM card back in and replied YES again to the port out SMS message.   This time around, the process worked.  The port was completed within an hour.   All is well.

One thing that would have made this situation better would be an option to wait on hold to talk to a human rather than a callback-only option.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

IMHO, scheduling a callback is 100x times better then waiting on the line to speak with someone. Why would you ever want to do that?