Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cancelled Service within 2 days of purchase and got a bill with charges

I had bought my mom a phone and she didn't like it, so I went to return it within two days of my original purchase date. I returned it and cancelled the plan on March 27th. The lady at Koodo called customer service to make sure everything was cancelled and there were no charges, and everything was done and clear. Now, I get a bill with charges from Koodo for a phone that I have not used, do not have, and was originally told there were no charges and my account was cancelled. What do I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Kbh, did your mother stay under 30mins, 50 texts and 50mb of data during those 2 days? That might be why you were charged if she did go over. 😞 If not then giving koodo another call might help out. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How much were the charges? When you return a phone and cancel, any outstanding tab balance is wiped and anything you paid for the phone is refunded. The only thing you may get charged for is airtime usage for those two days: (monthly bill / 30) x 2.
Ivan wrote:

How much were the charges? When you return a phone and cancel, any outstanding tab balance is wip...

It is only $6 but I just don't understand what the charges are for, she did not go over the usage, she didn't even turn the phone on. I will give them a call. I just don't understand why I would be charged when there was no usage and I was within the return/cancellation period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
If you did not go over the usage limits Daniel Kim mentioned, call/email customer service to get it fixed. Either these reps are not trained properly, or they are just trying to get away with taking a few dollars from uninformed customers who cancelled during the trial period. This happens more often than you think.
Hellothere wrote:

If you did not go over the usage limits Daniel Kim mentioned, call/email customer service to get ...

Thank you, I will definitely be giving them a call because my mom didn't even turn on the phone, and I held onto it until I had a chance to go to the store and cancel everything. That is just terrible to do that to customers, not happy with this at all.