Koodo Community
Solved

Cancelled my plan months ago and I am still getting E-bills

• 26 April 2021
  • 2 replies

So I decided a couple months ago to buy a SAT phone and switch to a satellite phone plan and cancel my plan with Koodo, I can now call anyone, anywhere around the globe as long as I have a clear line of sight to the sky, anyways leading up to my cancellation I decided Koodo's services were no longer needed. I had payed everything off on my tab and made sure to call customer service the following week to cancel my plan fully, upon getting a call back from koodo's customer service, I was greeted with loud noises and kids screaming in the background and I was barely able to understand the agent, very monotone (sounding like he is ready to end his life any second kind of depressed voice) while kids are screaming in the background the whole time, it was a painful 10 minutes trying to describe to him that I am trying to CANCEL my plan and that I didn't want to give him a reason, I just wanted the call to be over as quick as possible at this point, he ended up cancelling my plan but ended up also trying to get a reason for the cancellation, I kept telling him personal reasons and he insisted on continuing to ask?? this was probably the most unprofessional call I had ever been in. Anyways the call ended thankfully and my plan was cancelled at last, although fast forward a couple months and I am still getting E bills? for a sum of over 250$ that I will not pay, the agent told me no such thing of a cancellation fee or anything alike, also like I mentioned above my tab was already payed off so I am now here trying to find an answer I really don't feel like calling customer service with koodo ever again and the online BOT is trash.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 27 April 2021, 00:06

Have you been able to look at the bill to see what the charges are for?

If you were still paying for a phone you'd have the remainder of the tab balance on the bill. As well you would have to pay for the service up until the day you cancelled. Also if you had missed a previous bill it may be the accumulation of a couple bills. No matter what, if you're still able to login to your selfserve account and see the full bill breakdown that will tell you exactly what's going on.

If you can't login, and still aren't sure why the charges are so high let us know.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you been able to look at the bill to see what the charges are for?

If you were still paying for a phone you'd have the remainder of the tab balance on the bill. As well you would have to pay for the service up until the day you cancelled. Also if you had missed a previous bill it may be the accumulation of a couple bills. No matter what, if you're still able to login to your selfserve account and see the full bill breakdown that will tell you exactly what's going on.

If you can't login, and still aren't sure why the charges are so high let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It may be a tab bonus from a previous promo that had to be paid after cancellation. When did you last upgrade the phone before cancelling?