Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cancellation did not work, do I now have to pay bill for additional month?

I called on the 3rd of November to cancel my contract for the 10th of November (period I already paid for), which according to the customer service also worked. Since I didn’t get an confirmation email, I checked my contract today again in the self service and realized that Koodo charges me for the next billing month, although I cancelled. Now I called the customer service again and she agreed that it was not cancelled and apparently she cancelled it instantly since the connection just broke and I don’t have any services anymore. Do I now still have to pay for the time between the 10th (when I cancelled my contract actually) and today, the 21st although I didn’t use any services of Koodo and moreover, it was not my fault at all? (She actually tracked that I called and confirmed it to me). And if yes, would it be the full bill since I don’t have any services anymore now? I am really upset how this ended! I didn’t get any explanation or help on my inquiry.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sure you will, Lisa. Keep an eye on your last invoice and if it doesn't show the correct date, make sure you post here again and an employee will look into it for you 🙂 Koodo keeps a record of phone calls, so they can easily verify your actual cancellation data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think what Sophia meant

Do I now still have to pay for the time between the 10th (when I cancelled my contract actually) and today, the 21st although I didn’t use any services of Koodo and moreover, it was not my fault at all

No you won't have to pay because it is not your fault!