Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can you purchase a koodo phone outright and use it with Telus plan?

Userlevel 1
In response to Mary Critchley on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152325067193102&id=14750623101 Question: Can you purchase a koodo phone outright and use it with Telus plan?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to unlock the phone first. The only exceptions are the iPhone and the Nexus phones (which come factory unlocked) However Koodo wont sell you a phone outright with out an account, unless you are buying a prepaid phone and sim
Dennis wrote:

You will have to unlock the phone first. The only exceptions are the iPhone and the Nexus phones...

So I have an account with koodo, I then can purchase a phone from a kiosk, wrap it and put under the tree for someone....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You will have to unlock the phone first. The only exceptions are the iPhone and the Nexus phones...

Yes you can
Userlevel 4
I do have a question.... Why do you do the "In response to" when posting? If someone else asked the question on another platform, the answer will be posted there. I'm not knocking it down or anything. I'm just curious.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I do have a question.... Why do you do the "In response to" when posting? If someone else aske...

I think it's automated
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I do have a question.... Why do you do the "In response to" when posting? If someone else aske...

Hi Tyler, it means that it has has been posted originally on Twitter/Facebook then transferred here 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

The first time I saw HootSuite App, I nearly said "Hi HootSuite" but then realized it's a bot 😃
Userlevel 5
septacha wrote:

You need to unlock the Koodu mobile so that it can accept other networks.I suggest you can approa...

Wow the spammers can't even spell Koodo right anymore...