Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can we completely separate one account into two accounts? Taking one phone number to the new account, without them being linked?

Parents phone plan covers theirs and child's. Child moves out and wants to own their phone+number without it being connected to the parent's account. Child will be completely in control of the phone including payments, no need or want for the two accounts to be linked. Unlinking the accounts leaves the phone number on the parent's with the child no access to make payments, change plans, etc.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can. you can do it at a koodo kiosk. Just make sure both people have the appropriate ID's
Userlevel 6
Hi Matthew, Denis is right! A $25 fee also applies on the new account. This can also be done over the phone at *611 (you call first to initiate the transfer and your child calls in later to complete it). Note that since you won't be under the same account, you will lose unlimited calling between your phones. Have a good day! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi Matthew, Denis is right! A $25 fee also applies on the new account. This can also be done over...

Yannick, I thought the $25 fee applies when done on the phone but it is free when done at the kiosk
Yannick wrote:

Hi Matthew, Denis is right! A $25 fee also applies on the new account. This can also be done over...

Every carrier charges for Transfer of Ownership, regardless of the way it is done. They're not able to charge an activation fee or a "SIM card" activation fee (Koodo/TELUS), and you're taking their time, so why not charge $25/35?
Thanks Dennis and Yannick. We originally did the call and they said they would, but nothing ever happened. First their systems were down so they couldn't complete it, and they took the information and said they would when it was back up. Days later I got a call saying it'd be 3-5 business days or whatever it was to process and we haven't heard back since. I got a text message (on the 17th...) saying my creditcard was added, and it was, but we still have the same account.
Userlevel 3
Hey Matthew, Have you tried calling back just to confirm everything? If not, I would suggest doing so. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
What if there is still a tab on the phone in question
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cory Williams wrote:

What if there is still a tab on the phone in question

It can still be done, but the person the number is being transferred to must qualify for the tab based on the credit check.