Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can we activate a non-Koodo CDMA phone with Koodo?

Userlevel 1
In response to Thảo Đặng on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152333385343102&id=14750623101 Hi koodo. I have a verizon cdma phone. Can i activate this phone with you guys? Note that i can only use cdma phone in snow lake, manitoba. If i cant, where can i get cdma phone? Winnipeg if 8hr away 😢

13 replies

Userlevel 2
No. Only Koodo CDMA phones can be activated with Koodo.
I just talked to their rep. They say yes. Im so confused....
Userlevel 6
Most HSPA phones, yes but CDMA I don't think so. The Rep probably either misunderstood you or was mistaken. Out of curiosity, what phone is it?
Userlevel 2
I don't know who you spoke with but they are incorrect. A CDMA phone is locked to that network with no way to get it unlocked.
Motorolla milestone...
Userlevel 2
If it's not a Koodo CDMA, it won't work.
Where can i get a cdma koodo phone?
Userlevel 7
Thảo Đặng wrote:

there is currently only one cdma koodo phone which is the bb 8530.
Thảo Đặng wrote:

Yes, but where? 😞
Userlevel 7
Thảo Đặng wrote:

its actually not available for purchase online anymore well at least that's what it says when i search for it. You would have to call in to a shop and hope it's there which is pretty unlikely. 😞 also website seems to be down until 10:30 am tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Thao, just a heads up, Telus (which includes Koodo) announced they are going to scrap the CMDA network in 2015. I think you should know this before spending a lot of money on a new phone 🙂
Not sure how they are going to solve your network reach in Manitoba though!
Sophia wrote:

Hi Thao, just a heads up, Telus (which includes Koodo) announced they are going to scrap the CMDA...

Ya, I dont really have a choice now. Whatever come will come. Thanks for the head up
Userlevel 5
Actually that phone MIGHT work. What model number is it specifically? I searched for Milestone on GSMarena and came up with one that supported CDMA frequencies http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_milestone_xt883-4025.php As far as I can tell from reading that it also supports HSPA on the same bands that Koodo uses meaning if your sim tray is unlocked it should work. Only way to know for sure however is to unlock it and test a Koodo sim in it.