Koodo Community
Solved

Can't transfer my number from Public (no longer have service after attempt)

• 27 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Just got a Koodo sim and submitted a number transfer request (mobile services > manage your phone number).

It seems to have failed, reloading that page kept erroring and now says “You can’t change your number at this time. This subscriber is cancelled.” However on some pages of the website I’m seeing my Public number appear in the self serve drop down by my name, but on my account page it’s showing the Koodo number. 

ALSO, I no longer have service with my Public sim and I can’t even log into my Public account anymore (which I had logged into before attempting this number change).

Is something processing and I just need to wait? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 27 February 2021, 21:39

Alright so the number transfered. Need some better progress messages on the site lol…

I’m still unable to log in to Public to cancel my old plan, but I’ll give it a while longer.

Just to make sure remove auto pay.  It won't access to your payment and your prepaid Public account will be closed after the Porting.

View original

6 replies

Alright so the number transfered. Need some better progress messages on the site lol…

I’m still unable to log in to Public to cancel my old plan, but I’ll give it a while longer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Public being prepaid and you porting the number over, you won’t have to. It’ll automatically cancel as part of the porting process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to make sure remove auto pay.  It won't access to your payment and your prepaid Public account will be closed after the Porting.

Yeah this is what I wanted to go do, however I still can’t log in and when I try to reset my password I get a “Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.” message. Is it safe to assume that my account, including auto pay details, have been wiped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would contact someone on prepaid at public Mobile just to be sure.

Badge +4

You should still have access to your Public Mobile (PM) community account, (this is different from your self-serve account) and be able to contact a Moderator on PM. If not, you will have to create a community account. PM uses a virtual assistant (SIMon) similar to Koodo’s Koodo Assist. Enter ‘Contact a Moderator’ in the chat dialogue box and follow the prompts to create a ticket.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/create-a-community-account

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help