So very weird problem. I used to be with Chatr, using an iPhone 8. Part of the reason for the switch was that I couldn’t receive or send image texts, or receive MMS group texts, and Chatr failed to fix it. So I switched to Koodo, got a new iPhone 11, transferred my info from the iPhone 8 to the 11, and ported my number. Now the same thing is happening with Koodo.
So symptoms are:
- I can’t receive or send images via SMS.
- I can’t receive or send MMS group text.
- When I attempt to send images via a data-based service (eg Facebook messenger) it works when I’m on wifi but not if I turn wifi off.
- My phone indicates that I have Cellular Data turned on.
- Turning on Data Roaming does not fix the issue.
- My Koodo contract includes data.
- This problem was present with Chatr on an iPhone 8, and now on Koodo with an iPhone 11.
Best answer by Dinh
If you are using iPhone, you cannot manually change your APN. I would suggest you reset network settings and see if the settings are updated properly. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Also, can you go to Settings > Messages > Send as SMS to ON.
In the Message settings, make sure MMS messages is ON, and Group Messaging is ON.