Feedback
Can't receive calls or text but can make calls | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Question

Can't receive calls or text but can make calls

• 10 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Hello,

As of yesterday eveing I have been unable to receive calls at all. Voicemail and texts sometimes come through but when they do they are very delayed. I can make calls and send texts just fine.

Thanks for any help

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Julie893  Can you pls power cycle your device and see if things improve? Keep the phone off for about 60 seconds. 

@Julie893  Can you pls power cycle your device and see if things improve? Keep the phone off for about 60 seconds. 

Same thing has been happening to me since Thursday morning. I’ve taken out the SIM card, restarted the phone multiple times, cleared messaging cache/data and the only thing that makes texts come through is texting myself or calling someone but once I do that the texts stop coming through again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ravynn Can you pls log in here with your Koodo username so we could possibly take a look at your account?

@Ravynn Can you pls log in here with your Koodo username so we could possibly take a look at your account?

I tried to do that initially but it won’t let me create an account and it said to contact Koodo. I’m a prepaid customer if that makes a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ravynn  Hmmm...that’s strange….ok, in that case pls go to koodo.com/chat and request a callback as long as receiving calls is not an issue. If it is pls reach out to us on Facebook and we could try to help there. 

@Ravynn  Hmmm...that’s strange….ok, in that case pls go to koodo.com/chat and request a callback as long as receiving calls is not an issue. If it is pls reach out to us on Facebook and we could try to help there. 

How can we receive a callback when the service is not working? I tried that last night, I didn’t receive any callback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can request a callback on any number, or use Facebook/Twitter DM.

Badge +4

How can we receive a callback when the service is not working? I tried that last night, I didn’t receive any callback.

Or, you can download the Fongo Mobile app which will give you a free phone number that you can use for a callback. The app works on mobile data or Wi-Fi.

Thanks for all your help.

I had powered off, removed the battery, checked for software updates, etc. I ended up scheduling a callback and although the technitian wasn’t able to identify the cause of the problem, the reset completed on his end fixed the issue and I can now receive calls and text.

Thanks again

My son and I have the exact problem here. Can’t ask for call back cause we can’t receive calls. I reached out on Facebook tonight and just hope they can help. More people in our town here have the same issue.