Koodo Community
Solved

Can't receive any calls from landlines since I relocated

• 21 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Since I relocated to Nunavut, I cannot receive calls from any landline phones - only connect with other cell phones.  Was not an issue before relocating from the East coast.  No change to phone or sim card for 3 years (android/Samsung Galaxy 8).  Have reset no improvement.  What else to try?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 22 December 2020, 20:43

If the phone can ring, then there was a connection and  no block. If you didn’t hear anything, the problem could be from the signal in the area or an issue with the landline. I would try to test your phone with another land line that you know it was working well (with both incoming/outgoing calls) and see.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you call the landline numbers yourself and you just can’t receive them?

I can call out to landlines with no problem connecting.  Incoming calls ring on my cell, but there is no one there when I answer.  The callers have told me they can’t hear me either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the phone can ring, then there was a connection and  no block. If you didn’t hear anything, the problem could be from the signal in the area or an issue with the landline. I would try to test your phone with another land line that you know it was working well (with both incoming/outgoing calls) and see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would also try your sim in another cellphone and see if the issue follows your sim.

Badge +4

I’m wondering if incoming landline calls to your phone number are long-distance calls. What happens when landline callers add a +1 to your phone number when calling you?