Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't connect to IM windows phone

Hi, I have a Lumia 520 windows 8 phone. I was able to connect to FB and the messenger was working fine. Recently my messenger is not able to connect to online FB chat and keeps saying "Can't connect to IM". I have tried all the possible solutions in the internet and nothing seems to work fine. Any other working solution available?

4 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Windows phone - Can't connect to IM. Hi,
I have a Lumia 520 windows 8 phone. I was able to connect to FB online chat via messenger and was working fine. Recently my messenger is not able to connect to online FB chat and keeps saying "Can't connect to IM". I have tried all the possible solutions in the internet and nothing seems to work fine. Any other working solutions available?
Userlevel 6
Hi there, do you have technical issues with something else or is only the Facebook messenger that's not working? Did you remove the app and install it again? We can't really provide support for such issues but you could always ask Facebook directly: http://koo.do/19NQxjD. Keep us updated! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hi, the issue is fixed now. I tried all the possible ways by removing and reinstalling, restarting the phone. None of them worked. But finally when I tried removing the battery and restarting it again, it started working. Thanks for your reply.
Ok.. Now again I have the same problem. It was working fine for three days aft I soft reset my phone. But its connecting no more. I again tried soft reset few more times and nothing seems to be turning around!. Why is this issue? I have no clue. Something going weird between Microsoft and Facebook!