Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can PST be tied to home billing address instead of phone area code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So I remember talking about this a while back but I cant find the post. I was told that I would be able to attach PST and all applicable tax based on my home address (Alberta and hence no PST) rather than the area code of my phone number. I have multiple accounts, each with a different area code. I called in and this was changed. However this was not reflected in my bill today. Those accounts with area codes that have PST are still getting charged this. When I called in they said that the PST is tied to the area code no matter where the phone is being used and hence cannot be taxed based on the home billing address. So this is conflicting information during the two times I called in. Can I get some confirmation on here if the PST can be tied to the home address and not the area code?
icon

Best answer by MatB 18 June 2013, 17:01

Taxes are related to the Area code, NOT to the Postal address, (Canada wide plans allows you to use your phone everywhere you go.)

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Taxes are related to the Area code, NOT to the Postal address, (Canada wide plans allows you to use your phone everywhere you go.)