Koodo Community

Can I use the WHP in my car / auto / truck ?

Is there any problems with me using the WHP  (wireless home phone) in my car, if I hook it up to my household voltage power convertor in the car ??  I think it puts up 110v ac...

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I mean, if you provide power and have a phone to bring to connect to it and have a signal i cant see why not?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It'll work anywhere there is a (Telus) cellphone signal. It [i]should even work for 24 hrs without power, but I've never tested that claim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?This would be cheaper, unlimited minutes for $20/month vs $40/month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?And you could argue with the cops that it is not a mobile device you are conversing on!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?Might work for a while until the system figures out that according to it's geolocation records, you're living in a "mobile home".
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?I have been searching for that answer, and not found anything yet....  What is the problem with using it in a mobile home ???   To this point, I could not find anything in the Q&A addressing  "geolocation records"  and the use in traveling ....  for example, if it is used at home every morning, and at a cottage, every afternoon in the summer ???   If there is a good list of overall rules, please post a link ....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?No your good, you can bring it to the cottage for the weekend and then back home again so I'm sure you can use it how you please. Worth a try for $50 I mean you can't go wrong if it works for ya.
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?Thankyou for the replies ...  I really need to know what they refer to
in  "geolocation records"  and what is the status to use it in a mobile home which is moving a lot on a trip ....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?No reason you couldn't use it as your desk phone in a motor home, or other RV, while in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?No reason you couldn't use it as your desk phone in a motor home, or other RV, while in Canada.
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?BobTheElectrician are you implying that a system that can't even prevent people from porting non-QC numbers onto QC plans has the ability to figure out you are moving around with the wireless home phone?
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?BobTheElectrician are you implying that a system that can't even prevent people from porting non-QC numbers onto QC plans has the ability to figure out you are moving around with the wireless home phone?
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?I wonder how many decades it will take for this double posting bug to be fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?That's a question for GetSat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you did this, why not just get a cell phone?That's a question for GetSat.