Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I use my positive Tab balance to pay for the ownership transfer fee?

My family has 2 phones with Koodo, one is mine and I'd like to cancel it. I am the owner of the accounts. I'm leaving the country and would like to cancel my plan and phone number, and would like to transfer the ownership of the account to my mother. I know there is a $25 fee. Can I pay the fee with my positive phone tab balance? Also, I'm leaving the country. Would Koodo waive the fee because of that?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately you can not use the tab balance for anything other than purchasing phones. As for the TOWN fee, maybe some polite coaxing on your part might get a rep to waive the fee, or not. I think it's up to the CSR but there may be a policy in place. Wouldn't hurt to ask while your doing the transfer.
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately you can not use the tab balance for anything other than purchasing phones. As fo...

OK, cause I'm leaving the country. I'm gonna mention that to them. Also, can this be done only at the kiosk or can I do it on Self Serve or *611?
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately you can not use the tab balance for anything other than purchasing phones. As fo...

Hi Dariuchi, you would have to call us at *611 or 1-866-995-6636. If your mother is with you when you call, we can complete the transfer at the same time! Have a good day 🙂