Koodo Community
Question

Can I text from Canada (my domestic country) to someone in South Africa without charge? If I can't how much does it cost? Thanks!

• 27 January 2014
  • 6 replies

If I'm in Canada and I'm texting someone in South Africa, is this going to charge me extra for the texts? I know roaming charges exist but in the case where I'm actually not leaving the country I wonder what the deal is with texting? Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 4
As long as you are in Canada, there will not NO additional costs for texting internationally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as you are within Canada, you can send to and receive from anywone worldwide with no extra charges.
Userlevel 2
If you have a relatively recent plan that has been offered within the last year or so, then international texting is included as part of your plan. So there are no extra charges as long as the text is sent and received while you are in Canada.
Would you be able to tell me if it costs money for me to receive a call from South Africa as well? Thanks a lot!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would you be able to tell me if it costs money for me to receive a call from South Africa as well...It will use your minutes but there will be no other charges as long as you are in Canada.
No worries thanks guys!