Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I start up in BC and get an Ontario number?

Hi, I'm moving back to Canada in a couple days, after being in Australia for 3 months. I thought I'd be here for a couple years, so I cancelled my plan with Koodo. I need to be able to use a phone right away, but I'll be visiting BC before moving back home to Ontario. I still have my old Koodo phone. Does anyone know if its possible for me to rejoin Koodo in BC but get an Ontario phone number?

8 replies

Yes any kiosk will be able to set you up with an Ontario number no matter where you are. Welcome back!
Userlevel 6
I think you might have to provide an ontario address but that shouldn't be a problem if you love there. And indeed welcome home! 🙂
Chris Petersens wrote:

I think you might have to provide an ontario address but that shouldn't be a problem if you love ...

you do not have to have an ontario address
that means anybody can say they are in another province and get a new plan and use it wherever they want ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheZoomer wrote:

that means anybody can say they are in another province and get a new plan and use it wherever th...

You will need ID which includes your address, date of birth, etc
Userlevel 7
TheZoomer wrote:

that means anybody can say they are in another province and get a new plan and use it wherever th...

Sorry Stevie, no MB/SK plans for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheZoomer wrote:

I have a Kitchener # despite not having a Kitchener address. And I've never had a Kitchener address with Koodo. I think the address verification may be only when signing up for region-specific plans.
Userlevel 1
You can sign up with any address and phone number, but the plan you choose is based on plans available in the province of the #'s area code. So if you want an Ontario #, you'll have to choose an Ontario plan, regardless of address. Any special BC plans will not be compatible with your Ontario #, unless you are doing a port-in.