Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can I pick up other carriers coverage, when Koodo isn't available, for free too?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
You would need a sim for whatever carrier you want to connect to, to pick up their network.
Within Canada? So free Canada wide roaming is only within Koodo's coverage areas, then. That's useless
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sharon Schmidt wrote:

Within Canada? So free Canada wide roaming is only within Koodo's coverage areas, then. That's u...

Koodo's coverage is pretty good across Canada. But their Canada wide plans means you can call any Canadian number while in Canada
Userlevel 1
Sharon Schmidt wrote:

Within Canada? So free Canada wide roaming is only within Koodo's coverage areas, then. That's u...

Koodo's network is TELUS' network, which covers pretty much anywhere either Bell or Rogers covers. All three have certain odd spots where they may not work while the others do, but for the most part, they all cover the majority of areas where people populate. Koodo has no reason to allow you to use somebody else's network however much you wish. Do you live in an area where TELUS' coverage is weak compared to Bell or Rogers? Because otherwise, there is nothing useless about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, because being able to use your phone anywhere it works (which happens to be most of Canada) for no extra charge is no better than being charged 15 cents a minute for any usage off your home network.
Userlevel 1
There is no Koodo/Telus infrastructure at all were I live but my Koodo phone is happy to use the Bell network exclusively (but still say it is Koodo and the odd time Telus). Of course say what you will about Bell (love them or hate them) but they do have good coverage and by being a Koodo customer I get access to their network and coverage for less than I can by dealing with them directly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steve wrote:

There is no Koodo/Telus infrastructure at all were I live but my Koodo phone is happy to use the ...

Koodo does have tower sharing agreements with Bell in certain areas. However they are not distinguished between bell or Telus towers on the coverage map
Koodo has automatic roaming agreements across Canada. Calls are automatically delivered and standard features are available to most customers.When roaming on another Canadian wireless network, you will receive the same airtime and LD rates as within yourregular network(Koodo)
Userlevel 7
Idk if it helps you but I'm a trucker and aside from a weakspot in Thunderbay and Manitoba, I've never had coverage issues.
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

Idk if it helps you but I'm a trucker and aside from a weakspot in Thunderbay and Manitoba, I've...

Agreed, as a rep I visit stores all over northern Alberta and northern Saskatchewan. And Ive never run into coverage problems besides in the very odd valley.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Idk if it helps you but I'm a trucker and aside from a weakspot in Thunderbay and Manitoba, I've...

Is the very odd valley near the uncanny valley? You know, the one where everyone looks almost human but not quite? ^_^
Userlevel 7
mental magitha wrote:

Yes,But you will need sim for which network you want to use.Before put other network sim on your ...

It probably would have been useful 2months ago. Now it's a bit late. Why don't you contribute to more recent threads instead of spamming
Userlevel 7
mental magitha wrote:

Yes,But you will need sim for which network you want to use.Before put other network sim on your ...

Hey Chad, you can clearly see this is his first post in the community so your response to theirs was very much uncalled for. You could have put it nicer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mental magitha wrote:

Thanks, mom. This is the same spambot that has been flogging unlocking sites on here for the last year.
Userlevel 7
mental magitha wrote:

Report me
I will help you