Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can i keep my plan and number even after i move to a new province?

I will be moving provinces but I want to keep my phone number and plan the same. When I update my address online will this affect anything relating to my plan?
Also, would upgrading to a new phone change any part of my plan; if not will I still have the option to buy a new phone outright or put it on a tab?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will be able to keep the same phone number. "Subscribers who move to another province will be migrated to a rate plan available in that province with similar services at the monthly rate plan then available." All the plans are the same across Canada except if you have a MB/SK/QC plan. You will be able to buy a phone outright or with a tab depending on what your plan is. (Tab Medium requires a Tab M plan or higher, Tab Large requires a plan of Tab L or higher). You can view all of this when looking at plans at https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can keep your number, but keeping your plan depends on the province you are moving from, and the province you are moving to. Plans from MB/SK, cannot be transferred to another province, nor can QC plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From my understanding, your phone number area needs to match the region's plans.

So if you have a Quebec plan, and a Quebec number, but reside in BC, there should be no issue.

If you want a Quebec plan but want to switch to a BC number, then you would have to switch to a BC plan