Koodo Community
Question

Can i file my complaint to CCTS regarding this issue?

• 26 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello Everyone,
Here's my situation... i'm with Koodo has 5 lines.. 4 under the previous terms and condition … one under the new one(where you are apparently stuck with koodo for 2 years) … each of the line has a med tab and has $200 tab remaining on average.
each line has 10GB $60 plan.
I decided to open one more line where I wanted bring my own device and I wanted to activate another line.... I wanted to do it online so I could save $35 activation  and also apply the promo code "amazon prime" to get the free amazon prime.
I went online and I found out that there's a glitch which doesn't let me add new line to my account...
 after talking to 3 reps.. spend 3+ hours.... after countless excuses... they want me to go waste my time and gas and go to a store..pay $35 activation... no amazon promo in store.... and do it in store...
when I ask this is what a customer get to be loyal with you... they said they don't know why the glitch is … the CSR even talked to web support... no solution... he talked to finance and they said based on my credit i'm approved for 7 lines...

so when no resolution came.. I told CSR to put me in the management... I explained everything to the management... I asked him this is how i'm getting treated by your CSR.... he said to hold the line let him see what he can do...and after 20 mins … he came he said " you don't have any option.... according to Koodo if you open the 6th or 7th line... it must be open in store and in store you wont get any promo's and have to pay 35 activation. He also said if it didn't work out in store or you have to buy it online … signup as a new customer and go through the credit-check again.

The reason I want to file a complaint is because if Koodo can't figure out my problem, why should I  pay for their mistakes..
Please let me know if I can file a complaint like this to CRTC/ CCTS
Thanks for taking your time to read and reply.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They already told you the problem, but you decided not to accept it. 

You have reached the limitation on the number of lines in one account. They told you the solution (new account)..(this is from your own description of the exchange).

You can file any complaint, the issue is whether ccts or crtc accepts your complaint or not. 

They already told you the problem, but you decided not to accept it. 

You have reached the limitation on the number of lines in one account. They told you the solution (new account)..(this is from your own description of the exchange).

You can file any complaint, the issue is whether ccts or crtc accepts your complaint or not. 

No they didnt… they said im approved for upto 7 lines… they are making an excuse… i can sign up for 2 lines in store but not online…. i dont have  to prove my point to you because you are not a koodo rep. But i know someone who has 7 lines and got them all online... 

Problem isnt that it cant be done… problem is they dont wanna do it… if theywant to they could have just said go get it from a store and we’ll apply the promos after and will refund you any charges…. 

anyways thanks so much for letting me know that i can file my complaint and its upto ccts … thanks will file the complaint soon....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo has a hard limit of 5 lines per account. Although your credit may allow you to have up to seven lines with koodo, you cannot add them to the same account. A new account would need to be opened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

WHo has 7 lines?  Did they show you?  Was it shown as all on 1 account?

Userlevel 6

Koodo has a hard limit of 5 lines per account. Although your credit may allow you to have up to seven lines with koodo, you cannot add them to the same account. A new account would need to be opened.

The chance for this information to be correct is 0.01%.