Koodo Community
Question

Can I: Buy a Phone with Positive Tab, with Activation Credit Bonus, and Cancel the Plan Immediately?

• 16 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a positive tab balance of $150. I'd like to use it to purchase a travel phone. Looking online, many of the phones include an "Activation Credit" if you sign up for a minimum plan. Is there a minimum commitment to that plan, and if so, how long is that commitment? What happens if you cancel early? If possible, I'd like to purchase a phone using a combination of activation credit and positive tab, so that I have no outstanding balance, and then cancel the plan immediately. The activation credit part sounds a bit too good to be true though?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Any.gifts ($100.gift, etc.) that come with the phone you don't receive until after 90 days anyways. If you get the phone on a tab you have to wait 90 days to keep the activation credits. If you cancel before the 90 days you will get charged the full price of the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can cancel at anytime.

Relating to the activation credits & 90days: If your contract has that clause, you will have to payback all the.gift and credits. If you don't see it, you don't have to pay back.