Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Calling Features

I live in greater Vancouver, BC. I will be in Eastern Canada for a few weeks next month. Will I incur any additional (roaming) charges using my phone there. Also, if I call home (Vancouver) from, say, Halifax, will it still be free of long distance charges? Thanks for your help. Oh, and for my free calling after 5:00 p.m., if it is 5:00 p.m. in Halifax, that is 1:00 p.m. in Vancouver. Do I have to wait until 9:00 p.m. in Halifax for the free minutes?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jim Your first two questions depend on the plan you have: If you are on one of the newer Canada wide plans, it doesn't matter where in Canada you are, your calls (both incoming and outgoing) will always be local. Your 5pm calling depends on the local time, where you happen to make the calls that is 🙂
Userlevel 2
If you are on a Canada-Wide Plan, ( plans have been canada wide since 2011) you shouldn't have to worry about any additional roaming charges or long distance charges. You can check your plan by logging into self serve - www.koodomobile.com/selfserve - call into customer service or visit a Koodo Shop. As far as I am aware Canada is one local calling area so the 5pm should apply anywhere you go. (bc 5pm calls - in halifax 5 pm calls) You can always call into customer service just to make sure.