Koodo Community
Solved

Calling an international toll free number

I've never had to dial an international toll free number before and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out what to dial

I recently booked some plane tickets but need to speak to them about some details. They list this contact number: +800 2747 3333 (http://www.dragonair.com/ka/en_HK/about-us/contact-us/global-contact-centres.html)

However, they say you must also prepend an international prefix, which for Canada is 011

So I tried dialling 011 800 2747 3333, but I just get a single beep and the call doesnt connect.

What is the correct way to dial this number?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the prepend is that P that we see on some dialers. Type anything on your keypad and you should see Three dots menu . Click that and hit add 2 second pause.. SO dial 011 ( ADD THE PAUSE HERE )and then the rest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Had no idea that even existed. I just tried it though, and I get someone telling me the call cannot be completed as dialled
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Simon wrote:

Had no idea that even existed. I just tried it though, and I get someone telling me the call cann...

Yeah i tried it too. Its not working. maybe try youtube, " how to dial a number with a prepend ". Im not sure. Sorry Simon, i havent had to use this before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your calling from a cellphone then literally just dial it as it's written: +800 2747 3333. The '+' will be automatically converted to the international dialling prefix. If it doesn't work, make sure you have either the pay per use international ld or the international ld saver add on provisioned on your account, as without one of these you will be unable to dial international numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If your calling from a cellphone then literally just dial it as it's written: +800 2747 3333. T...

Your a genius timo. Lol
So I just typing the number in exactly as written on my phone but it doesnt work. It ended up working on my girlfriends phone (she's with Rogers).

I have the cheapest prepaid plan and dont have any international addons, but it doesnt say anything on the prepaid plan page of the website that I'd be unable to make international calls. In fact, it says I can make international calls, but it'll just cost me more...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Simon wrote:

So I just typing the number in exactly as written on my phone but it doesnt work. It ended up wor...

Works from my phone but I'm on postpaid. Do you have an active talk booster?
Simon wrote:

So I just typing the number in exactly as written on my phone but it doesnt work. It ended up wor...

Yup, still have active minutes on my account. Am I wrong in thinking that I should be able to make that call, but for some reason I cant?
Userlevel 5
Simon wrote:

Hey Simon! How many minutes do you have left on your account? One minute from Canada to an international destination will deduct 5 minutes from your booster add-on.
Simon wrote:

I actually have 2 talk boosters active right now, and in total I have more than 5 minutes talk time remaining
Userlevel 5
Simon wrote:

Hey Simon,

We tried both numbers +852 2747 3333 (Hong Kong Number) and +800 2747 3333 (Worldwide Toll-Free number) with a postpaid phone and both numbers work, however the answer was not in english. It should work with your prepaid phone. The issue could be your minutes left on your booster.

Thanks
Simon wrote:

This is very strange because I just checked my prepaid account and I have 2 talk boosters in there. One has 53mins left, the other has ~350mins remaining so I'm pretty confused as to whats going on
Userlevel 6
Simon wrote:

At this point we suggest getting in touch with our prepaid technical support team from another phone at 647-788-3948 (option 2 for technical assistance) to troubleshoot further. You can always use a third party application meanwhile through Wi-Fi (ex: Skype or WhatsApp) to place the international call free of charge.  Thank you!