Koodo Community
Solved

Call Forwarding on Koodo Prepaid: Is it Possible? / Does it Have a Cost?

• 8 June 2014
  • 9 replies

I am enrolled in Koodo Prepaid. My phone (Windows Phone) has a feature called Call Forwarding; I would like to use this to forward calls to my home number when I am at home. My questions: 1. Is it even possible (again, using Koodo PREPAID)? When I attempt to set it up (using my phone), I receive an error message "Koodo : There was a problem with this code." 2. Assuming it's possible, is there a per-minute charge / talk booster usage when somebody calls me & I take the call on my home phone. Please: Authoritative answers only, thanks. Intended primarily for Koodo Support. Attn: Koodo Support - where is this specified in the Terms & Conditions?

icon

Best answer by Tayeb Koodo 8 June 2014, 19:19

Hi Ian, Call forwarding is not available on prepaid but we do offer it on our monthly service. If you're ready to make the switch, this feature can be added to a plan for $3 per month: http://koo.do/koodoadd-ons. Thank you! ************************************************ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi Ian, Call forwarding is not available on prepaid but we do offer it on our monthly service. If you're ready to make the switch, this feature can be added to a plan for $3 per month: http://koo.do/koodoadd-ons. Thank you! ************************************************ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
If that is the case, why does my base plan specifically say it includes call forwarding as long as I have minutes, which I do.
Badge +4
If that is the case, why does my base plan specifically say it includes call forwarding as long as I have minutes, which I do.
It does say that. I have heard that a person is very lucky to get it to work though.

Have you tried to get it working and it wont work? The thread is 4 years old so the responses might not apply now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Regardlessof what your handset says no "premium" services such as
  • Call Forwarding
  • Free EXT Roaming within Canada
  • WiFi calling or
  • VoLTE work on prepaid.
Badge +4
  • Call Forwarding
  • WiFi calling or
  • VoLTE work on prepaid.

It's not what the handset says. It's what the prepaid base plan says is included.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  • Call Forwarding
  • WiFi calling or
  • VoLTE work on prepaid.

Even if these features have worked on your phone using another carrier or Koodo post-paid, they are not supported on the prepaid network. Call Forwarding has been an advertised feature among the prepaid plans, but does not work.

If that is the case, why does my base plan specifically say it includes call forwarding as long as I have minutes, which I do.It does say that. I have heard that a person is very lucky to get it to work though.

Have you tried to get it working and it wont work? The thread is 4 years old so the responses might not apply now.

Yes, I get similar error messages.

• Call Forwarding
  • WiFi calling or
  • VoLTE work on prepaid.
Even if these features have worked on your phone using another carrier or Koodo post-paid, they are not supported on the prepaid network. Call Forwarding has been an advertised feature among the prepaid plans, but does not work.

Well, that's certainly annoying.
Badge +4

• Call Forwarding
  • WiFi calling or
  • VoLTE work on prepaid.
Well, that's certainly annoying.

Very. Alot of things with their prepaid service needs help. Main thing is though, don't offer what you can't deliver.