Koodo Community
Question

Call Display+

The Koodo website has a listed Call Display+ as a feature that's available to anyone with a phone that is capable of it.
However, I have never had this feature on any of the phones I owned. Whether it's been an iPhone or Andorind.
It's not listed as an add-on either.
So, is this a feature that is available or not?
If it's not available, then why is it listed in Koodo's website:
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/call-display

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As far as I know It is available for all plan.

Why did you say it didn't work on yours? what happened when someone called you? did you see their numbers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AFAIK, it should work for calls from landlines. I'm not sure if any Canadian cell provider other than Rogers is currently sending name data with outbound calls.
All I can see is just the number not the name associated with that number.
If I have the name saved, obviously it will show up.
My other sim card wtih Telus (in the same phone) shows the name of the caller as well as the number.
Koodo indicates on their website that CALL DISPLAY+ is a feature they support and that includes "Call Display+ shows you the name and number of people who have called you, even if they’re not in your contacts."
I only see the number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could only see the Name of the callers if their carriers transmit them to Koodo. Some phone like Samsung models had extra service to predict the name and that was it.
You could only see the Name of the callers if their carriers transmit them to Koodo. Some phone like Samsung models had extra service to predict the name and that was it.
Same number calling my Telus sim Card shows the name on the same phone. But only the number shows up on my Koodo sim Card (same phone).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could only see the Name of the callers if their carriers transmit them to Koodo. Some phone like Samsung models had extra service to predict the name and that was it.Same number calling my Telus sim Card shows the name on the same phone. But only the number shows up on my Koodo sim Card (same phone).

It could be the sim card or the Service. Hard to tell. You can try to buy a new sim to see if it fixes things. Or you can contact Koodo and try to speak with tech support.
It wont be an easy diagnosis. Did you want to continue with that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Same number calling my Telus sim Card shows the name on the same phone. But only the number shows up on my Koodo sim Card (same phone).

What phone are you using? Did you happen to save the name of the number to the phone at the time of Telus SIM? Telus is the parent of Koodo, their service should provide similar experience https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/telus-call-display-explained

Same number calling my Telus sim Card shows the name on the same phone. But only the number shows up on my Koodo sim Card (same phone).What phone are you using? Did you happen to save the name of the number to the phone at the time of Telus SIM? Telus is the parent of Koodo, their service should provide similar experience https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/telus-call-display-explained

I have an iPhone XS Max and a "Mate 20x Global" they both act similarly in showing the NAME and NUMBER with TELUS and only NUMBER with KOODO.
The number that name that shows up are TD bank and a few friends that I've tried.
I never saved the numbers because I was testing the phones to see if Call Display+ works or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have an iPhone XS plus and a "Mate 20x Global" they both act similarly in showing the NAME and NUMBER with TELUS and only NUMBER with KOODO.
The number that name that shows up are TD bank and a few friends that I've tried.
I never saved the numbers because I was testing the phones to see if Call Display+ works or not.

I think you meant Xs "max", there is no plus Xs. I am not a Telus client, so didn't have them side by side to check out. I would go to a Koodo kiosk and show an agent there or ask Koodo to switch your SIM and see if it helps.

On my Koodo line, if some stranger called me using Rogers/Fido, their name showed up normally. At least that what I could confirmed.