Koodo Community
Solved

Call back - no one answering

• 18 December 2020
  • 17 replies

After 3 attempts with Chat, it took awhile before allowing for a call back. Then the promise of one in 15 minutes. The first call did not recognize when I pressed “1” to receive the call back, stating it would “try again.” The second call back accepted the “1” I pressed but then rang a long time, no one picked up, and then hung up on me without further direction or assistance. Attempts after this on chat to reach someone have been circular. I would like to speak with a real person please. This has been going on for hours. I do not want to sift any further in hopes of finding a solution on web pages. I have spent hours doing this too without a solution. Sometimes customers just need technical support on your end, it is that simple. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 18 December 2020, 22:25

What were you scheduling the callback for? We’re real people and may be able to help you out here!

View original

17 replies

Seems like third time is a charm - someone picked up finally. I don’t know what the phone has to do with it … I press one no problem and it says it will connect me. Not impressed with the service but since it’s so easy to schedule a callback, I guess no big deal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m having same issue - 2 call backs, press 1, rings +++ then hangs up on me. WTH!

Have you tried on another phone? It usually should connect you to someone after you press 1 

I’m having same issue - 2 call backs, press 1, rings +++ then hangs up on me. WTH!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The koodo.com/chat is why I posted here. It has taken over a day and I still don’t have an answer to my original question.

I’ll be transferring our Koodo accounts to the competition. Good luck to you all garnishing “points.”

I’ve also been having this issue for a few hours. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH DATA! This is a PHONE CALL. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MMS.

Some of us, clearly as this is a post for this issue, are unable yto be contacted when the phone rings for the callback. The call hangs, is silent, no one answers then it hangs up.

THIS is the issue GeeTee and now I have, and your answers are irrelevent to what we are asking. If anyone has a real answer or possible solution, can you please add it to this thread without being know-it-alls, as clearly you do not know it all, while drifting away from the original issue? thanks.

Since you are here, is there an issue that you you are requesting a callback for, that the community can assist with?

The koodo.com/chat is why I posted here. It has taken over a day and I still don’t have an answer to my original question.

I’ll be transferring our Koodo accounts to the competition. Good luck to you all garnishing “points.”

I’ve also been having this issue for a few hours. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH DATA! This is a PHONE CALL. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MMS.

Some of us, clearly as this is a post for this issue, are unable yto be contacted when the phone rings for the callback. The call hangs, is silent, no one answers then it hangs up.

THIS is the issue GeeTee and now I have, and your answers are irrelevent to what we are asking. If anyone has a real answer or possible solution, can you please add it to this thread without being know-it-alls, as clearly you do not know it all, while drifting away from the original issue? thanks.

Userlevel 3

I have had this issue with three phones. This time a Koodoo technician came up with a solution. I had misunderstood that the setting “Mobile Data” (found under “Data usage”)was the same as Data Roaming (under Mobile networks). And so when I was testing various toggles (off - test, then on - test) ,I have turned “Mobile Data” off. BUT,It is the setting which enables MMS. The confusion is caused in the definition of “Data roaming”(found in” Mobile Networks”) : that “using mobile data while roaming may result in additional charges” which led me to think that I should keep it (or turned) off. If you remain in Canada, you are not yet roaming (theoretically).  Thus,Be careful as you go to these separate categories:   in Data Usage, toggle ON “Mobile data” because it is specific to MMS. Unless you go out of Canada, ignore (or keep off) Data roaming, because with most plans with Koodoo data roaming is free within Canada.   So far, as I go back and forth between  Toronto and Ottawa this is working for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GeeTee Thanks for highlighting your issue with the callback feature. Unfortunately, we don’t have a know cause for what you are experiencing.  I can see we have connected with hundreds of customers today already. I will have someone help us understand what I believe maybe the touch-tone of your phone causing some issues. 

I was just talking to your partner about your MMS challenges given that you both have the same phone.  There maybe one more thing to check that maybe the cause of the issue.  If you could check to see if under setting your MMS toggle is turned on that may help solve the problem.

Also, you may have to start a new thread with your contacts who you have been unsuccessful sending an MMS.  iPhone to iPhone messages (blue bubbles) go through Apple’s servers not cellular carriers so if it had been failing before it may need a new thread.

Pls let us know if this helped, if not we will log a ticket for someone to reach out to you. Thanks for your understanding!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had provided some more info we may have been able to help with your original problem without you having to wait for a rep which most people prefer but I'm sorry you didn't. Especially since it had seemed like the callbacks weren't working for you for some reason so solving it here appeared to be more ideal.

If you change your mind we're here to help and alternative instructions to contact customer service again can be found in my comment above if you wish. (It may be safer to go the Facebook/Twitter route but sometimes callbacks can glitch out so trying again may work as well)

Have a good day and a Merry Christmas

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m uncertain how this thread has drifted away from the original issue of being unable to reach a call centre representative. 

Can anyone answer my original question? 

Thanks! 

Allan, my first cell was an Erikkson in 1993 or 1994. In other words, I’ve been texting and texting with images for awhile. Even when I had my first phone and was with Sprint I had zero issues sending text messages or reaching a customer support representative.

I have a solid idea as to what the issue is, thanks just the same. My question is how to reach someone to rectify it.

Because generally we can fix the issues here! Besides being able to solve most problems there are also reps here that we can flag issues to who can search through accounts and do the account change side of things. You'd be surprised with what all we can fix without you having to pick up the phone😊

Anyways, you can send a private message to koodo through Facebook or Twitter or if you type in the words "schedule a callback" at koodo.com/chat that should allow you to schedule a callback if you wish to go that route instead!

P.S.

“Merry Christmas” - Papworth.

I’m uncertain how this thread has drifted away from the original issue of being unable to reach a call centre representative. 

Can anyone answer my original question? 

Thanks! 

Allan, my first cell was an Erikkson in 1993 or 1994. In other words, I’ve been texting and texting with images for awhile. Even when I had my first phone and was with Sprint I had zero issues sending text messages or reaching a customer support representative.

I have a solid idea as to what the issue is, thanks just the same. My question is how to reach someone to rectify it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I need a technical issue fixed. I have been with Koodo since 2015 and am unable to send text messages with images. It’s been an ongoing issue that has not been fixed. 

Are you ensuring that data is turned on when you go to send a picture message?

Thank you too Alan

Hi Sophia. Thanks for your response. I received the call backs. The first call back asked to press “1” if you still wanted to speak with someone. I pressed the one but the Koodo system did not recognise it, so it hung up on me stating they would call back again, which they did. I received another call back - the second call back requested I press “1” if I still wanted to speak with a person, and the Koodo system accepted the “1” however, when it transferred me to receive the call back, the phone just rang and rang the call back representative and the call back representative did not pick up. Ergo the system after an extensive period of ringing without pick up on the other end, disconnected me from the call without providing further instruction, so I was back to square one - dealing with the “chat” to receive a call back. When trying to schedule another call back, the chat was not processing the request.

So since the call back system was able to call me twice, the Koodo number is not blocked. 

I need a technical issue fixed. I have been with Koodo since 2015 and am unable to send text messages with images. It’s been an ongoing issue that has not been fixed. 

I recognise you are real people - you just don’t have access to my account and the account history :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What were you scheduling the callback for? We’re real people and may be able to help you out here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Check if you haven’t blocked Koodo’s number (this is the #1 reason why call backs fail). That said, what do you need help with? Perhaps we the community can help?