Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying Phone Only

I'd like to buy a phone as a present, but don't want to have to choose the plan they will have. Can i buy a phone outright and have them come in after a choose a plan?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Nope, Koodo won't sell you a phone without activation. Unless you're already a customer.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Nope, Koodo won't sell you a phone without activation. Unless you're already a customer.

Actually u can buy a koodo phone evendo ur not a koodo customer. I was on the future shop and they told me that they selling the note 2 outright. I bought one and i paid $300.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can i activate as a prepaid plan and just not renew after 1 month?
Userlevel 7
You could but... The outright price will be higher. You can not purchase any device valued at 500$ or more
That ok. I was looking at the Q5, and $200 is cheaper than anywhere else to buy. It looks like there is a $20 activation credit as well, that would cover the month of prepaid i would have to purchase.
Userlevel 7
glinsbockel wrote:

That ok. I was looking at the Q5, and $200 is cheaper than anywhere else to buy. It looks like ...

Very true ! Enjoy
I have an account, my current iPhone is falling apart and I need to buy a phone only (I already have a plan) - why can I not so this on the web site while logged into my account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jackie Forde wrote:

I have an account, my current iPhone is falling apart and I need to buy a phone only (I already h...

You should be ablr to upgrade your phone through online.

What error message do you get?
What plan do you have and do you have any Tab left?

Can you start a new post using this link and include those info?
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new