Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Buying a phone

So how do I go about buying a phone IN STORE through Koodo? I will have to find a store close enough to where I live that sells phones to be used with Koodo, I guess, but how do I go about putting on the TAB Thanks

15 replies

And why can't I order it online, its so far away to go to one of the stores that sell Koodo,
Userlevel 7
Some phones just aren't available to be ordered online and some are. If you want to get a phone, plan and a tab, just go into any Koodo store or retail partner (Best Buy, Futureshop, Walmart) with 2 pieces of government issued ID for a credit check (e.g. SIN, drivers license, passport, etc) and they will do a credit check and see if you qualify for a tab and if you are, you're good to go. Tab S - $150 off the price of a phone Tab M - $300 off the price of a phone (requires min$30 plan +$5 tab charge added to your bill every month for 24 months) Tab L - $500 off the price of a phone (requires specific Tab L plan and an extra $10 tab charge added to your bill every month for 24 months) After 24 months, all tabs are paid off by Koodo.
Thank you for your quick response. What is I am already with koodo, will it just go on my current tab and use the same plan and phone number
The closest store to where I live is about 3 hrs away
Userlevel 7
If you plan to upgrade, your existing tab will be billed to you and you start a new tab. You can still keep your plan and phone number as long as the requirements for each tab are met (no requirement for Tab S)
Userlevel 6
@ Shelley You don't have to go to a Koodo Store per se. There are lots of retailers who sell phones for Koodo. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/storelocator.shtml
Hi Chris, but is there some kind of specifics that I need to watch for, so that it works with KOODO? I am so new at this ha ha, thank you all for your patience So if I bought a phone elsewhere, lets say ebay,or amazon, I can still go through KOODO and use my plan and phone number etc??
Userlevel 6
Shelley Borden wrote:

Hi Chris, but is there some kind of specifics that I need to watch for, so that it works with KOO...

Ok, if you are "new" to this you may not want to buy a phone online. 🙂 You would have to check for compatibility with koodo, have it unlocked, it's a bit of a work if you haven't done it before. But yes, you'd keep your pland and phone number of course. What phone were you looking to upgrade to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shelley Borden wrote:

Hi Chris, but is there some kind of specifics that I need to watch for, so that it works with KOO...

There's nothing scary about buying a phone online. You can refer to my guide for bringing unlocked devices to Koodo: http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/the-comprehensive-guide-for-bringing-your-unlocked-device-to-koodo/ If you choose to buy online, make sure it's from a reputable seller with a good return policy. If you're unsure of whether the phone should work with Koodo, you can come back here and as us about the specific phone that you're interested in. If you're buying an iPhone (3GS and later), a BlackBerry 10 phone, or a Windows 8 phone, Telus-locked versions of these phones will work on Koodo without being unlocked. All Google Nexus phones are unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Shelley Borden wrote:

I do not recommend buying phones from Kijiji/craigslist though
Userlevel 6
Shelley Borden wrote:

@ Ivan Maybe add to your steps of checking the status of the phone if people buy on kijiji or craigs list to ensure phone is not stolen. http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/
Yes the closest outlet for KOODO is quite far away from me and my BB is done in,,,it is aprx 2-3 hours away
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shelley Borden wrote:

Yes the closest outlet for KOODO is quite far away from me and my BB is done in,,,it is aprx 2-3 ...

Is there no Mobile Shop (President's Choice brand stores like the Superstore) or Walmart nearby?
koodo stores do not carry many phones only old junk ones
Userlevel 6
Dave Wilson wrote:

koodo stores do not carry many phones only old junk ones

I don't know if you notice but this is an old thread. A lot of changes has occurred since then such as Koodo Online Store.