Koodo Community

Community

Buy out contract

Buying contract to other network so we can switch to koodo.

4 replies

Or you could pay out your own contract. Koodo will never buyout other provider contracts.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

Or you could pay out your own contract. Koodo will never buyout other provider contracts.

Agreed Marcus! Paying for our own stuff would be a great first step towards decent monthly plans for everyone...
Userlevel 7
Counter-suggestion to avoid fraud and people who try and cheat systems: Offer a type of credit to new customers WHO PORT THEIR NUMBER (ie. $100, $200) that goes on there bill, but spread out over a certain period (i.e. $100 at $10/month over 10 months) so that if they leave Koodo, they don't get the rest of the credit.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Counter-suggestion to avoid fraud and people who try and cheat systems: Offer a type of credit to...

That could work nicely! However, most people who want their contracts bought out probably do so to cover the immediate cost of their cancellation/subsidy with the previous carrier. In any case, I'd prefer people always use their own devices and avoid all this altogether, but if it must absolutely be done, then I like Ahmad's idea the most!