Koodo Community

Community

Solved

buy online, activate at store and how to pay off?

If I buy a phone online, can I take it in to my local Koodo shop to activate ( I was just there and they don't have the phone I want in stock)? Also once I pay off my TAB (After 90 days but before 2 years) can I switch to a pay as you go plan or do I have to continue paying the monthy amount (eg $40) until the 2 years is up?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
After you pay the tab your free to do whatever you want. There's no contact term at koodo
Chad Burr wrote:

After you pay the tab your free to do whatever you want. There's no contact term at koodo

Excellent thanks. Do you happen to know if I can take it in to the store to activate, switch my old number from Telus etc?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You can call in to activate and even port your number from telus...you can't activate online so koodo will do it over the phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Once you have your phone, and have set up a Koodo account, you can choose to port your Telus number to Koodo within the self-serve portal.  Once you number is successfully ported from Telus, you will receive a final bill from them with any outstanding charges. Your Telus account will then be closed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The instructions to activate a phone purchased online are included with the shipped phone, so no need to leave the comfort of your home. You can change your plan when you want after the 90 days, however, if you port your number from post-paid to pre-paid (pay-as-you-go) you will receive a bill for the outstanding TAB for the phone in a final bill.