Koodo Community
Question

Broken phone verification code

• 5 September 2019
  • 7 replies

My screen is broken so i cant access the verification code needed to complete my new phone purchase online. Is there no way to get it sent by email?, I don' t have time to stand around for 30 min at a koodo kiosk .

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have another phone to put the SIM in? or borrow someone phone to receive the text.

I think they put the verification code to the number to prevent fraud. Some people complained someone purchased phone in their name without their knowledge.
I don't have a second phone to put the sim in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@chrisff If you can still make calls with you phone an alternative would be to talk to one of our reps over the phone. They can sell you one an mail it to you.

Set up a call back at Koodo.com/chat and they will get in touch with you.
Well I can't even unlock my screen , so i can't take calls either. Guess it's time to switch providers since I cant buy a phone without already having a phone..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well I can't even unlock my screen , so i can't take calls either. Guess it's time to switch providers since I cant buy a phone without already having a phone..
You could visit a store as well or use a family or friends phone.
I don't know anyone in my city, and i've been to the tiny "kiosk" they have at the mall and it is always busy, impossible to get service without waiting around for 30 min. But it's fine i ended up getting a phone with a new provider. It was literally easier to get a new phone with a new provider than with the one i ve been with for 4 years.. bye bye
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know anyone in my city, and i've been to the tiny "kiosk" they have at the mall and it is always busy, impossible to get service without waiting around for 30 min. But it's fine i ended up getting a phone with a new provider. It was literally easier to get a new phone with a new provider than with the one i ve been with for 4 years.. bye bye
Bye

Make sure you pay your final bill from Koodo also. It should settle everything between you and Koodo.