Koodo Community
Solved

Broken phone verification code

• 5 September 2019
  • 12 replies

My screen is broken so i cant access the verification code needed to complete my new phone purchase online. Is there no way to get it sent by email?, I don' t have time to stand around for 30 min at a koodo kiosk .
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 5 September 2019, 13:31

@chrisff If you can still make calls with you phone an alternative would be to talk to one of our reps over the phone. They can sell you one an mail it to you.

Set up a call back at Koodo.com/chat and they will get in touch with you.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have another phone to put the SIM in? or borrow someone phone to receive the text.

I think they put the verification code to the number to prevent fraud. Some people complained someone purchased phone in their name without their knowledge.
I don't have a second phone to put the sim in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@chrisff If you can still make calls with you phone an alternative would be to talk to one of our reps over the phone. They can sell you one an mail it to you.

Set up a call back at Koodo.com/chat and they will get in touch with you.
Well I can't even unlock my screen , so i can't take calls either. Guess it's time to switch providers since I cant buy a phone without already having a phone..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well I can't even unlock my screen , so i can't take calls either. Guess it's time to switch providers since I cant buy a phone without already having a phone..
You could visit a store as well or use a family or friends phone.
I don't know anyone in my city, and i've been to the tiny "kiosk" they have at the mall and it is always busy, impossible to get service without waiting around for 30 min. But it's fine i ended up getting a phone with a new provider. It was literally easier to get a new phone with a new provider than with the one i ve been with for 4 years.. bye bye
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know anyone in my city, and i've been to the tiny "kiosk" they have at the mall and it is always busy, impossible to get service without waiting around for 30 min. But it's fine i ended up getting a phone with a new provider. It was literally easier to get a new phone with a new provider than with the one i ve been with for 4 years.. bye bye
Bye

Make sure you pay your final bill from Koodo also. It should settle everything between you and Koodo.

Bye

Make sure you pay your final bill from Koodo also. It should settle everything between you and Koodo.

Wow that response was really rude and uncalled for. It’s pretty disheartening when you come on the community page and instead of people actually trying to help they just make snide comments about each other. Also unfortunate that nobody was able to solve this question as I am having the same problem. I am in an area with no reception and my phone cannot be replaced without this code. Really sad that koodo can’t ever connect you with an actual person to problem solve. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bye

Wow that response was really rude and uncalled for. It’s pretty disheartening when you come on the community page and instead of people actually trying to help they just make snide comments about each other. Also unfortunate that nobody was able to solve this question as I am having the same problem. I am in an area with no reception and my phone cannot be replaced without this code. Really sad that koodo can’t ever connect you with an actual person to problem solve. 

How was that “rude”? the customer left Koodo already. How is a “good bye” rude thing? How did you say goodbye?

I don’t say ‘make sure to pay your final bill.’ That was the rude part. Of course people are going to pay their final bill, both because it’s the proper thing to do and because there would be legal action if they did not. Telling someone to pay for a service when it is not your place to do so is exceptionally rude. That’s just you being a troll and trying to get the final word in. Koodo themselves may say (politely) ‘your final bill will be available shortly, please do not forget to pay in a timely manner to avoid interest or other problems,’ but you as a random person telling them to pay after commenting goodbye is rude. If you would like more help learning about Canadian customs and manners, I would be thrilled to help. Being kind and polite to people may seem like a waste of time to you, but honestly there are enough people in this world causing bad feelings and trolling (and yes, that is exactly what you intended to do, pretending otherwise is beneath you) that we could at least attempt to be nicer to one another on a Canadian Cell Phone Frustration Forum. I sincerely hope you enjoy your day, and maybe spread some warmth around you. Don’t forget, everyone has bad days, everyone is a jerk sometimes, but almost everyone asking for help on this forum is likely to be extra hurt and testy. Don’t take it personally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t say ‘make sure to pay your final bill.’ That was the rude part. Of course people are going to pay their final bill, both because it’s the proper thing to do and because there would be legal action if they did not. Telling someone to pay for a service when it is not your place to do so is exceptionally rude. That’s just you being a troll and trying to get the final word in. Koodo themselves may say (politely) ‘your final bill will be available shortly, please do not forget to pay in a timely manner to avoid interest or other problems,’ but you as a random person telling them to pay after commenting goodbye is rude. If you would like more help learning about Canadian customs and manners, I would be thrilled to help. Being kind and polite to people may seem like a waste of time to you, but honestly there are enough people in this world causing bad feelings and trolling (and yes, that is exactly what you intended to do, pretending otherwise is beneath you) that we could at least attempt to be nicer to one another on a Canadian Cell Phone Frustration Forum. I sincerely hope you enjoy your day, and maybe spread some warmth around you. Don’t forget, everyone has bad days, everyone is a jerk sometimes, but almost everyone asking for help on this forum is likely to be extra hurt and testy. Don’t take it personally.

I honestly I think reminding customers about their final bill is really important. There are a lot of people who either forget, dont realize they'll get a final bill, or think one bill will get carried over to the other provider.

I dont know about dinh but I personally will remind people because we see people come back here on the community way too frequently talking about how their credit score has taken a hit because they didnt realize that they had a final bill to pay. We are just trying to prevent future headache down the road! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You didn’t say so but why you thought other said so was not good? I don’t work for Koodo so don’t comment like I worked for them.

Please don’t judge people. I told a frank advice, as many people forgot to pay their final bill and got issue with collection.

You can just spend you valuable time and search for collection in the forum, many forgot to do so.