Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bringing unlocked LG G3 to Koodo

If I buy an unlocked LG G3 from expansys.ca can I bring it to Koodo with no issues? Need a new smartphone and I hate the galaxy s5 form factor but need a better camera than the HTC M8. Thanks!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it should work fine if it's unlocked and supports Koodo's frequencies which are HSPA 850 / 1900 MHZ and LTE 2100 MHZ
Userlevel 6
You will also get 10% off any plan with koodo if you bring your own phone. JUst have to ask for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I find the M8's camera perfectly capable for daily use. And this is someone who's used the Lumia 1020, Lumia Icon, and the iPhone 5S cameras a lot.
Thanks for replying everybody I appreciate it.. I like the M8 a lot but my whole reason for upgrading is the camera... am taking the last couple months of a parental leave with a first born daughter. Will be both indoors and outside around town in the sun a lot. I want a cool looking and feeling phone as an aside but a great all around camera is the absolute must and the reviews on the M8 scared me away. The galaxy is what I have (older version) and it meets all my requirements and I loved my last one but I hate that faux chrome midframe... enough not to get it. Which led me to the G3 and the Xperia Z2 as my options, like both phones, cameras both look solid. Other option is I could wait till a couple months in and get the new Z3 or the iPhone 6 but then I am using my old galaxy s2 for the first couple months which is not taking nice photos after 3 years of hard use.
Chris Furey wrote:

Thanks for replying everybody I appreciate it.. I like the M8 a lot but my whole reason for upgra...

Chris, any update on the LG G3 on Koodo? I'm leaning the same way for the same reasons (pictures of young, fast moving children). Also considering between the Xperia Z2 or Z3 and LG G3. Thanks!
Chris Furey wrote:

Thanks for replying everybody I appreciate it.. I like the M8 a lot but my whole reason for upgra...

Hey Matthew, here's my update. I bought the factory unlocked international variant and it worked perfectly (model d855). I had to get a new sim card because my old one was too large but it was cheap. Then I just set some data transfer settings on the phone i found online (koodo shop might help too) and it worked perfectly!

I have loved this phone btw... The display is so amazing. Photos have been very good but where it really shines is video. Great pictures and sound. Oh and here are those settinga for an lg g3 on koodo: http://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/769_4_koodo_mobile_apn_settings_for_lg_g3.php
Userlevel 5
Chris Furey wrote:

Does your LTE work Chris? Mine is only 3G
Chris Furey wrote:

Thanks Chris! Much appreciated!
Userlevel 1
Yup, pretty much any unlocked North American phone will be ready to use on Koodo so go ahead and activate your phone with Koodo 🙂