Koodo Community

Community

Bring back simple talk and text phones with QWERTY keyboard.

Userlevel 1
i know im not the only one out there looking for a QWERTY keyboard phone with Koodo and personally i dont want a Black Barrie or glass screen on my phone im looking for something a bit more durable do to working in construction. i now have the lg breeze and it has done just what i need it to do its durable and easy to use so anything along those lines would be nice thank you very much for reading this and possibly taking this under consideration

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately the market for these types of phones is still around but dwindling considering the popularity of bigger, better devices and screens. The problem with the QWERTY phones is that you will be sacrificing a quality device for that keyboard because it takes up so much space. Arguably the best QWERTY phone I've seen around is this: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i927_captivate_glide-4071.php It's basically an S II with a keyboard and runs ICS so it's not a terrible choice. I would find someone selling that unlocked online somewhere and getting a rugged case for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Unfortunately the market for these types of phones is still around but dwindling considering the ...

I guess you haven't heard of Nokia's Asha line of phones.
Userlevel 1
that does look like a solid phone but personally i dont need a phone with data or all the other perks of an Iphone or smart phone i text a good amount and talk every now and again i have a laptop and i dont really have much reason to be on the internet well im in a car or at work so a simple talk and text with a QWERTY keyboard is more then enough to do the job for me i guess i can just grab another phone from someone else and bring it to koodo but i would rather koodo just have a phone close to what im looking for you know
Userlevel 7
They had the Evergreen but good luck finding them anymore. The Ace Q is on Telus, that may work without an unlock...
Jonathan I wrote:

They had the Evergreen but good luck finding them anymore. The Ace Q is on Telus, that may work w...

Evergreen, I bought for my teen in Nov. 2012, it is an "okay" phone. I really want something that is just a simple phone for him. He doesn't use data, and doesn't talk on the phone only for emergencies. Primarily texts, a bit. But I don't want him having internet access (like on a smart phone, etc). I bought it at Walmart. Walmart seems to have lots left of these phones.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

They had the Evergreen but good luck finding them anymore. The Ace Q is on Telus, that may work w...

i looked at my local Walmart and they mostly only have smart phones or BB's i got my phone around the same time back when koodo had the phone i have and a few others like it in stock but i guess sometime between now and back then they got rid of them which kinda sucks
Userlevel 1
every where i have looked with koodo i haven't seen any QWERTY keyboards and from what i have seen i may have to grab a phone from Telus and just bring it but my phone still works im just hoping maybe koodo will end up getting one back in stock or something so i dont have to mess around with any other company i also have positive tab so being able to use that would be nice
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get an unlocked Nokia Asha 302 or 303 online. However, I'd recommend just searching your local Kijiji for a Nokia E71 or E72. You should be able to get them for less than $100 (and these were flagship devices that sold for $500+). The keyboard and build quality on these phones are fantastic. I've had both, and they survived a lot of abuse. Still have my E72.
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

You can get an unlocked Nokia Asha 302 or 303 online. However, I'd recommend just searching yo...

thanks i shall take a look would still be nice if Koodo had something along these lines though you know less hassle
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

You can get an unlocked Nokia Asha 302 or 303 online. However, I'd recommend just searching yo...

It would give you the chance to offset the cost with the tab for sure. I guess maybe there isn't enough demand for theses phones though if it was up to me, I'd offer a QWERTY feature phone in addition to a regular feature phone anyway. If there's limited demand, Koodo could make it an online-only offer and just have limited stock.
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

exactly what i would do that is why i posted this idea i mean it may be limited demand but there are still customers with Koodo who want it and my current phone still has a bit of time so by posting this idea my hope is that Koodo will (even if it is just online) offer a QWERTY phone that isn't BB
Ivan wrote:

Are you able to use your E72 for tethering? I am trying to set it up right now. I have internet on the phone, but can't make tethering work - I use JoikuSpot but there is no internet access
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

It's at my parents house in another town, so I can't check right now.