Koodo Community

Community

Solved

both old and new numbers in use on same phone?

I have recently switched numbers and for some reason a few people have been receiving messages sent from my new number, but appearing as my old one. This doesn't seem to be a problem when texting people with phones other than the iPhone, such as the one I have. Ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Sometimes there's a delay in the switch. It may take upwards of 15 minutes or longer to fix itself. I recommend taking out the battery (if applicable) and SIM card for about a minute and resinserting it into the phone to see if it fixes anything. If you're still experiencing an issue, I recommend calling tech support. *611 from your phone or 1-866-995-6636 from any phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
disable both imessage and facetime from the settings menu. turn the phone off completely and power it back on. enable imessage and facetime again. they should update to the new number.
I've talked to people who ended up with a partial port for up to a day, but it did fix itself. If it's pretty recent that you switched numbers, it's likely just that the full port hasn't taken place yet. It could just be a waiting game, but definitely try what Jonathan and Timo have suggested.
Userlevel 7
Bean wrote:

I've talked to people who ended up with a partial port for up to a day, but it did fix itself. If...

It's an iMessage thing in this situation but otherwise that would be the other situation in which it could occur
Thanks folks! Timo's advice worked!