Koodo Community
Solved

blurry photos and videos through MMS

• 28 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Is there any way to improve the quality of sent videos and photos? What are koodo’s size limits? Things seem heavily compressed to the point that people on the other end can’t see anything. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 28 April 2021, 05:25

I dug this up from a while back. TELUS/Koodo allows limits for MMS messaging (picture & video messaging) that are between 600 KB and 3.5 MB per photo, and 600 KB or 15 seconds per video.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/photo-video-messaging

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's pretty standard for images to be compressed. Even for messaging apps they're almost always heavily compressed. There isn't much you can do. What is the resolution of the pics?

1920x1080 video

It's pretty standard for images to be compressed. Even for messaging apps they're almost always heavily compressed. There isn't much you can do. What is the resolution of the pics?

1920x1080

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is it reduced to when sent/received?  Koodo may have a stricter limit on video and picture sizes but I don't know what those are. I know that Telegram, Signal, iMessage all have much higher video size limits and compress far less.

Badge +4

I dug this up from a while back. TELUS/Koodo allows limits for MMS messaging (picture & video messaging) that are between 600 KB and 3.5 MB per photo, and 600 KB or 15 seconds per video.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/photo-video-messaging

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've also found that android to android and iPhone to iPhone isn't too bad, but iPhone to android can compress really badly to the point of not being able to read a single thing.

I've also found that android to android and iPhone to iPhone isn't too bad, but iPhone to android can compress really badly to the point of not being able to read a single thing.

I think this is the issue and not necessarily Koodo. I can receive a short video from an Android phone, and it looks fine. If I send it right back, it’s unwatchable. Now I need to see if there’s a way to improve this with an iPhone—or do they always do this purposely to push iMessage?