Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Black friday

Userlevel 2
I saw on Mobilesyrup that Rogers and some other providers are coming up with huge discounts on handsets on blackfriday. Any blackfriday deals by koodo we can sneak a peak into.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nothing known yet PD 😞
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Nothing known yet PD :(

How come Koodo is behind this year? Last year Koodo was very active.
Userlevel 7
Come on now, PD. You've been here long enough to know that Koodo will announce it.. When they announce it 😛
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

Come on now, PD. You've been here long enough to know that Koodo will announce it.. When they ann...

Ahmed my friend, I know but mobile masters always have an idea before koodo announce. Blackfriday deals are kicking off tomorrow so I was curious if we can sneak peak like mobile masters. I am very happy with my plan. I have switched my phone from iphone to android, so I am happy with phone also. Just wondering if I can get my hands dirty with some new android models.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Come on now, PD. You've been here long enough to know that Koodo will announce it.. When they ann...

PD, actually that's not true. If we do get advance notice, it's never of sales. Usually it's a policy change we get wind of first. And we get to ask questions so we're prepared to answer other questions.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Have you looked at the last quarter results for Telus? Which of course includes koodo. Tekus won big and had gaine the most cutomers while both bell and rogers floundered. So maybe they can still get what they want without having lower their prices on their phones. I guess if the service is better people are willing to pay a little more for the phones.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

You are absolutely right Chris that's why I said I am happy with my plan and phone. Off course service is excellent that's why I with Koodo since 2009.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

The only reason Koodo is that much higher is because of the merge of Public Mobile. The Dealer stores, for the most part, turned into Koodo dealers and converted a ton of Public Mobile customers to Koodo. Koodo is still the best provider, but those numbers aren't true competition numbers.
Userlevel 2
Wondering the same here. Hopefully....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How many phones do you buy PD? I mean every single holiday or season change or back to school time you ask the exact same question and get the exact same answer. Do you actually buy a new phoneduring eevery single sale when they happen?
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

How many phones do you buy PD? I mean every single holiday or season change or back to school tim...

I try to get my hands dirty with every single tech toys I can afford. I am a software developer and love test to break software. BlackBerry team appreciated me finding one very serious issue for them even I do not work for them. So my friend this is my passion. For my passion I buy latest technology but with affordable price once every sale events.
Userlevel 7
The reason for this is the subsidies work a bit differently on Robellus, Fido, and Virgin than with Koodo. Koodo sets a retail price on the phone, which generates a fixed price on whichever Tab you choose, then you pick the plan you want. The other carriers just display what you pay in store instead (which does come off the starting device balance), but the phone retail prices rarely go down, so you're usually stuck with a higher subsidy. Older phones or slower selling phones get the ability to take cheaper/better plans over time, but the subsidy remains in place. So if you ever want to buyout or upgrade or cancel or whatever, you're stuck paying a higher balance.
Userlevel 1
Forget the free phone Koodo, give us 5 gigs of data instead. 😉