Feedback
Beware the promotional text messages. | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Beware the promotional text messages.

• 1 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Let me explain.  I recently upgraded to the S21 Ultra 5g on the webstore.  Less than 24 hours after the purchase I recieved a text message from koodo on my old phone telling me that if I upgraded I could take advantage of an extra $120 added to the Tab Bonus.  I talked to customer service and they were insistant that this promotion is only for new phones going forward.  They were very unsympathetic to my situation where I had upgraded less than the day before and would do nothing.

I realize that I could return the phone when it arrives and purchase another one but I am concerned about the second credit check doing something to my credit rating.

The other issue is that the samsung promotion for bonus wireless earbuds and smart patch will not be available when the second phone arrives which could take over a month according to koodos site.  There are only limited numbers of these bonuses available.  This factored into my decison to purchase the phone.

So much for being a happy koodo customer (choose happy?)

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me explain.  I recently upgraded to the S21 Ultra 5g on the webstore.  Less than 24 hours after the purchase I recieved a text message from koodo on my old phone telling me that if I upgraded I could take advantage of an extra $120 added to the Tab Bonus.  I talked to customer service and they were insistant that this promotion is only for new phones going forward.  They were very unsympathetic to my situation where I had upgraded less than the day before and would do nothing.

I realize that I could return the phone when it arrives and purchase another one but I am concerned about the second credit check doing something to my credit rating.

The other issue is that the samsung promotion for bonus wireless earbuds and smart patch will not be available when the second phone arrives which could take over a month according to koodos site.  There are only limited numbers of these bonuses available.  This factored into my decison to purchase the phone.

So much for being a happy koodo customer (choose happy?)

You have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages. You got the Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy SmartTag for the promotion. That itself is probably worth more than the $120 in bill credits that you would have gotten. I’d say you have a pretty good deal.

If you really want to take the risk, you can try and order again. Just make sure to return your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G within 15 days of purchase.