Koodo Community

Better Accessories for Koodo Kiosks!

• 16 December 2013
  • 28 replies

I don't know if this is the right place for this but I want to put it out there. I work at a Koodo Kiosk and they want us to sell our accessories or have bonus.gifts towards accessories but the options are extremely limited! Eg we have had the same white and pink or all black otter boxes for the I phones since we got them. People are sick of them and want other options. Same thing most of the otter boxes or cases we get mostly all black or the odd pink and black. Ballistic cases have been a huge hit at my kiosk but right now we have them only for the nexus phones and only in black when they come in so many colours! And they are made for most phones as well. Wrapsol screen protectors were also a big hit but we only ever got them for the S2x and never got them again. Just today I had a customer asking to buy a new one for his s2x. Because he had to get a PRE and no longer had one. Very disappointing that people are going to future shop or walmart to buy cases because we are so limited in our options I want to be able to offer my customers a great selection and have good quality products for all our phones. These are just a few of they many requests we get. Hoping this can be passed on to the right people.

28 replies

also we can get rid of the hard plastic cases altogether! Most people don't even like the ones we get like the sparkle grey one for the I phone 5S I don't think we have sold a single one. But we also avoid selling them because they are garbage! If someone dropped their phone with that on it the phone and the case would just smash. I have seen this too many times with cheap hard plastic cases.
My personal Fav is the Ballistic case and I am prob going to end up getting a new one on ebay as ...I agree!
Userlevel 1
My personal Fav is the Ballistic case and I am prob going to end up getting a new one on ebay as ...Ballistic case and Gorilla screen protector saved my s2x on construction site, countless times. After a year, took case and screen protector off. Phone looked BRAND NEW. Best phone accessories for the money!
My personal Fav is the Ballistic case and I am prob going to end up getting a new one on ebay as we do not sell them for my new Galaxy S4 😞
Userlevel 3
Hey Ness,

Thanks for your idea. There were others that suggested that same, so it's definitely n...
Great analogy......LMAO!!!!
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

Thanks for your idea. There were others that suggested that same, so it's definitely n...
Your just focused Bill. You have that determination of a 747 slamming into the earth at 600kms an hour and screw the birds that get sucked into your engines on the way down.......lol
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

OK Bill I got it now. No fault because the policy is the policy. The issue is that employee (s) had problems directing you to OTHER STORES. but I thinking Bill that in itself may be POLICY. Because DIRECTING you to another store HURTS my store's bottom line. My insur broker is in Oakville, once I walked into Barrie location to add a boat to policy (my broker on holidays) they crapped their pants, citing that it could be viewed as soliciting other broker client's.
Userlevel 3
Hey Ness,

David: No Offense taken. I know I can be taken the wrong way sometimes due to my aggressive nature. I just meant that If I was to ever purchase from a TMS again, I would give Jonathan the first opportunity to sell me a phone/plan/whatever. It was in no way meant to be condescending or "rude". Cheers.
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

Jonhathon I spoke with Koodo CSR Dec 17/13 for approx 28 minutes, 12 minutes of which, was holding for the manager. CSR's Name was pronounced Hose-ā which I have no idea how to spell. All the CSR repeated was "Koodo does not sell phones with cases included". Check the recording. Seriously a lack of verbal comprehensive skills, equal to my written skill. Then I had to do 12 minutes on the Christmas Song Loop waiting to speak to a manager. I just assume write registered letters addressed to Koodo, CRTC, The Mobil Shop and Competion Bureau. To my mind The Mobile Shop is selling Warrantees in name only. Because the receipt is not accompanied with a copy of the Warrantee Contract and that's just for starter. After I purchase the phone, you tell me there is no cases or screen protector available. You put the name of Warentee on my receipt, but don't give me copy of contract. I can't return phone because it works. Go back for screen protector still can't return phone because now there is surface scratches from being placed in a pocket. Still can't return phone because now, the plastic is imprinted with parking lot, because, still no protective cases on the market, let alone the retail outlets. Then finally, even I know that I cannot return phone, because I exceeded the data limits, while trying to rectify matter.
Userlevel 6
Hey Ness,

Ehh.... Bill... I really really mean no offense, but..... [i][...] give him the opportunity to satisfy my requirements [...] Don't you think this is a bit condescending? It may just be me (I hope it is!) but I really think this sounds...... rude, for lack of a better word.
Hey Ness,

@Sumaya K. Different colour otter boxes are in high demand (camo in northern ontario are asked for alot) As well as ballastic cases in different colours for all phones. Personally I had a Ballistic case on my S2X and I used to throw it across the kiosk! My co-workers and Customers got a huge kick out of it! very tough awsome cases! but women do not want the all black ones and not all women like even the pink and black that we sometimes get. But again right now we only have them for the nexus!!! Wrapsol Screen protectors were huge!!!!! People really liked them. We would love them for as many phones as possible. Or other more durable screen protectors. Lifeproof cases are also asked for a lot. Basically just more selection of colours and quality cases! The Spec cases that we get for a lot of phones the EG. ace 2 x, although we are selling them a lot of people have asked for something more durable! These are just a few suggestions basically we would just really love more colour selection and QUALITY!! for all phones. I don't think it would be too hard to add 2 or 3 more cases to each phone. and something better then the cheap plastic screen protectors!
Userlevel 3
Hey Ness,

MG. It was never stated that they couldn't. However, it was clearly expressed that other stores do not like to "transfer". If they don't like to transfer.........Fine!!! Just tell me which locations have stock, and I will go and purchase it from them. Not informing me of where to go,(because you don't have stock, and are hoping I come back in 3-4 days) is plain and simply, poor business practice. (I wanted to take advantage of tax-free days). I must admit that Jonathan does seem very professional, and I would give him the opportunity to satisfy my requirements in the future... if need be.
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

So Bill, having read Johnston's post, did an employee ever say to you,"Sorry Sir, we are not permitted to bring in phones from other locations?"
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

Me too!
Userlevel 2
Hey Ness,

Just once, I would love to be served by Jonathan, just for the experience 😃.
Userlevel 7
Hey Ness,

1. Sorry you broke your phone Moto G, but the manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover physical damage, and neither does SMP... cases/screen protectors are sometimes hard to come by for us as we have more limited options. If we had them we definitely would have offered them. We do returns but only if it's in resellable condition. Also, yes, you're actually supposed to get a copy of the SMP plan but not manufacturer's, however I believe that is available on their website. 2. Bill: Stores are advised not to transfer phones that are out of district (per their DM's rules) unless it's like a clearance phone that is no longer orderable. If it's within the first 90 days of being on the market, then stores have a right to hold onto them for their own customers. You should be lucky that we are even able to transfer inventory between stores at all - as far as I know, that practice is not allowed in a lot of dealer stores. If you want to provide feedback about your experience, then you can send an email to talktous@mobileadvisors.ca
Userlevel 3
Hey Ness,

I personally would not purchase another phone from TMS unless they had the absolute best price available. My experience with 2 locations showed me that the staff is lazy, and they are only concerned about lining their own pockets....Unfortunately for them, I am a seasoned purchaser. In fact, the employees at TMS did not in any way try to benefit their employer/ company by helping me track down the phone/s I wanted to purchase at other TMS locations. They were more than happy to have me walk away. Pretty sad, if you ask me. FWIW.....The first TMS I went to, I had to tell the Manager.....FIND ME A KOODO MOTO G, I WANT TO DO A DEAL TODAY" *** If he worked for me, he would have been terminated!!!!! There is one exception to this fact. A young fellow at the Newmarket TMS(Andrew?) assisted me in tracking down my second phone, after other stores I called made excuses/lies/etc. about stock availability. Thanks Andrew (I think that was his name) ps...........you're not the only one that had a piss poor experience at TMS Moto G. (Sorry Jonathan)
Userlevel 1
Hey Ness,

Oh TeaBird. I'm in Barrie ON. The day I Purchased my Moto G from mobile shop, there was NO cases OR screen protectors available AND CERTAINLY NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER TO PHONE OTHER STORES TO FIND ME ONE OF EACH. As such the phone DID fall and hit the parking lot and did sustain "parking lot indentation to plastic" AND OF COURSE NOT COVERED BY MANUFACTURER OR MOBILE SHOP WARRANTY. ALSO NO CASES AND OR SCREEN PROTECTORS AT: Georgian Mall Koodo Kiosk, Best Buy Mobile Store, Bell Store, Virgin Kiosk, Fido Kiosk, 2 Cases and Screen Protectors Kiosks nor Future Shop across the street from Georgian Mall or Future Shop I'N South End of Barrie nor....and so on and so on. So I was sold a MOTO G and Warranty Title, by Koodo Agents that knew there was no cases or screen protectors as they spoke on the phone with Koodo to set up my accounts. Then I was told Mobile Shop does not hand out a copy of the actual warranty to customer, does not accept a return, because there is no cases, does not accept return because phone was damaged because there was no case available. Ouch!!!
Hey Ness,

Right TeaBird! If we had the same kind of selection as we have even for the Moto G that would be a huge improvement! But for ALL phones!
Userlevel 2
Hey Ness,

I was simply giving suggestions to Sumaya. I wasn't aware the kiosks had accessories like ear phones.
Userlevel 5
Hey Ness,

We have those accesories Myke. Ness is talking about the selection of cases. They are simple plain boring as Ness has metioned before. We want to see colorful protective cases, not just black, or pink and white, white, grey, etc. The selctions of cases we had for the MOTO G were a better selection. We sold out of that phone fast along with the ottherboxes to go with it. We lose soooooooooooooooo many customers to a store that just sells cases, they are right across from our kiosk. We try to sell our cases but most of the time they walk over to our competion because we dont have the colour that they want. Its women who are picky about what they want when it comes to the case and this is what should be kept in mind WE NEED MORE COLOUR 🙂
Userlevel 2
Hey Ness,

Cases, ear phones, screen protectors, USB chargers come to mind.
Userlevel 5
Hey Ness,

Thanks for your idea. There were others that suggested that same, so it's definitely not going unnoticed. Do you have any suggestions on specific accessories and for what phones?
Koodo has "almost" black cases, which people refer to as "more like charcoal". I'm a Koodo cust...Depending on the case some are black some are like see through or almost black as you say. Sad that you had to go somewhere else that's what I would like to prevent
Userlevel 1
Koodo has "almost" black cases, which people refer to as "more like charcoal". I'm a Koodo customer, but I no longer stop at a kiosk for accessories. I go right to Best Buy mobile store. Two outter jell covers (1blacker than black and 1blue) with tax $24.40.