Koodo Community
Solved

Anyone else recieve a suspicious email telling them they need to take a "short credit quiz" to remain a customer?

• 19 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Recieved an email last night from the Koodo Web Store saying I need to complete somethign they called a “short credit quiz”.

As a customer of 2 years who has never missed a payment, I’m a bit worried that this isn’t legit and I’m being scammed. The email wasn’t exactly written by someone who speaks english well, which seemed a bit unprofessional and raised a red flag immediately.

icon

Best answer by Lavinia Koodo 20 November 2020, 01:26

Hello @Slangen! I checked your account and I noticed that you’ve recently made a phone upgrade. Our webstore department reached out to you to verify this upgrade for security reasons. I can confirm that their official email address is koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com and I’ve just verified the email that you’ve received with an agent from webstore and he confirmed that everything looks 100% safe.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of the mail? Without your private information of course...

My first red flag is the odd black highlights behind the text. Combined with the very strange use of english terms is making me think this is not a professional email from a legit company.

Feel like im being scammed here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is the email address that it was sent from?

As well did you recently order a phone online?

Appears to be from koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com

But I worry that it’s been spoofed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Looks very suspicious.  But let me flag this to a rep just in case

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @Slangen! I checked your account and I noticed that you’ve recently made a phone upgrade. Our webstore department reached out to you to verify this upgrade for security reasons. I can confirm that their official email address is koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com and I’ve just verified the email that you’ve received with an agent from webstore and he confirmed that everything looks 100% safe.