Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Any way to get a phone without the primary account holder?

I've run into a problem where my bag was stolen- along with my phone. My father is the primary account holder, and he lives in another province. They won't let me purchase a new phone without his presence and advised me to order it online. However, I am leaving town in three days and need to have a phone for my trip. I was wondering if there was any possible way that my dad could order a phone using the koodo account but instead of having one actually shipped I could pick one up from store? I am really stuck.

3 replies

Have the account owner call in and add your name as a subscriber user. Then have him request to have you upgraded as account administrator. This will allow you to purchase a phone at a store without him being there.
KaneSlavik wrote:

Have the account owner call in and add your name as a subscriber user. Then have him request to h...

Can this be done if the person wanting to upgrade or make changes is a minor?
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

Have the account owner call in and add your name as a subscriber user. Then have him request to h...

Hi Nicole, I replied to your other post 🙂 It can't be done as you must be of legal age to get a phone in stores. Thank you!