Koodo Community

Community

Answered Mark with Date

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see Topics with "Answered" a lot. But people use an old topic to add a new question sometimes (which is fine). Then I skip to read that topic even though there is a new question there. So I’m thinking if there is an “answered’ mark with date on it, people (not just me?) easily know this was a current question that got “answered” or someone brings it back with a similar situation and still needs to get an answer.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
A lot of people mistakenly don't look at other topics and just want to ask their question and get an answer. Before you ask a question, there should be like a part where you can see if your question was already asked and you can see the answer but a lot of the people here are mostly just 1 time users so maybe they are too lazy? Not too sure but it would be nice if people looked at past questions and past topics to find their answer. Also, the "Answered" part is so people do not continue to spam the thread. If it gets out of control, then the Mods will close the topic thread down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is a date on each answer and question, it starts by showing it was posted so many minutes ago then hours then days then months. It's right beside the posters name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, I know when the last reply was made.(^_^) But what I meant was this, Example: if I see “Answered” last reply was 2 hours ago I can assume “o.k. This is done”. Then I will skip reading it. But, if I see “Answered- 4 month ago” last reply 2 hours ago It’s easy to assume that someone has re-opened the topic and needs to get an answer. Some questions were “answered" back then. But people added a question to re-open it to get different answers/advice. So I thought the “Answered” mark with date could help that those added questions to get results. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, I know when the last reply was made.(^_^) But what I meant was this, Example: if I see ...

But when a new question is asked on a thread marked answered it's 99% of the time the last response at the bottom of the he thread so you can scroll down and see oh there's the new question asked 2 hrs ago on the month old thread and if there is another response after that question that answers the new questions then there is no need to respond at all. if there's not an answer to that new question then you go ahead and answer it.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, I know when the last reply was made.(^_^) But what I meant was this, Example: if I see ...

There will always be chances that a person comes back to a thread a few hours after it was answered and ask a question within the thread and with your idea, everyone will just skip it and see it was already answered that day but in reality there is another question. Ken, you may skip questions that are "answered" but if they're on the 1st page, they're probably there for a reason and it takes about 10 seconds to look through a thread. Your idea is based on the "exception". Those who bump old threads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is something very, very strange about questions marked "answered". Some are marked within a few hours (I believe when a Koodo employee responds), but usually automatically after a few days. I remember that last year when I asked my first question, I was a bit insulted that it was marked "answered" when it wasn't at all, haha. I think if questions marked "answered" actually meant something, your idea would be very good 😃
Userlevel 7
Sophia wrote:

There is something very, very strange about questions marked "answered". Some are marked within a...

Someone has to physically mark the question as answered. There is no automatic process
Userlevel 5
Hi Ken, it does make sense to include a date behind when an answer was marked. I'll share it with the Get Satisfaction team since we don't have control over it. Cheers, Sumaya