Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Another customer with same phone number? Please help!

A stranger keeps receiving calls from my phone number. They are not coming from my phone; I am not making the calls, nobody else is using my phone, and there is no record of any calls on my phone history. Is there any explanation for this? Could it be possible that another phone is active under the same phone number? I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's pooooossible. However it's more likely it's someone is spoofing your number. Like the Robocalls from Pierre Poutine
Userlevel 4
Telemarketers masking with your number is the logical explanaition.
Dennis wrote:

It's pooooossible. However it's more likely it's someone is spoofing your number. Like the ...

Do you know of any way to claim my number back? Or is there not much I can do about the telemarketers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It's pooooossible. However it's more likely it's someone is spoofing your number. Like the ...

Nothing u can do about caller ID spoofing
Userlevel 3
Sounds like the # you were assigned is a routing #. Did you recently get Koodo services?Did you recently request a telephone # change?Have you had this # prior activating Koodo services?
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Sounds like the # you were assigned is a routing #. Did you recently get Koodo services?Did you r...

I only joined koodo and acquired this number around 6 weeks ago. Who do you think I should contact about this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Sounds like the # you were assigned is a routing #. Did you recently get Koodo services?Did you r...

Give Koodo a call and see if they can check it for you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not a lot that can be done about number spoofing for two reasons: 1) it's virtually impossible to find out who is actually doing it 2) even if the guilty party is known, most of them operate from overseas call centres where such things are not illegal. Wait it out for a week or two and they'll move on to another block of numbers. If it's a major pain, the other option would be to change your number.