Koodo Community

Amazon

I am not able to receive text verifications from Amazon. Text calls to my phone from other sources are received. Amazon claims that my provider (Koodo) is the problem.  Any so.utions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't think the problem was from Koodo. There are probably hundreds of thousand of Koodo customers having Amazon accounts.  If the problem was from Koodo, you would see ton of complaints here. 

Having said that, I recommend you check if you (or your phone) accidentally blocked amazon shortcode or number. Amazon server might have some issue at that time.   Also, Amazon offered the option to call you instead of texting. You might want to look into that option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has it ever worked? Did you recently sign up with Koodo or port over a number?

I had the same problem.  The first Amazon rep that I spoke to insisted it was a Koodoo problem. I was unconvinced so I called again and spoke to another rep. She transferred me to the Accounts change of information department who discovered that the phone number I had on file was an old phone number that I no longer had access to and was associated with an old address.  I haven’t used that phone number in many years and was convinced I had changed it as I often purchase things from Amazon, but not according to Amazon’s records. So it might be worth checking out if you can’t receive Amazon’s messages, even if you think you have the most up to date number on file.