Koodo Community

Community

Allow longstanding Members to delete unneccessary posts , without drama

I am new here, and yes, brought here lured with a chance of winning a shiny new phone, but the flashy badges caught my eye, and I really like the sharing and the fact that people are proud to be part of, Yes Koodo is a great cell company, and technology moves so fast its nice to have a resource of peers out there, I can see the frustration of your longstanding members, and redundancy is gonna happen as their cant be two many brand new ideas,, No one wants to be put down, if the post is way to offbase or been answered thousands of time before, maybe they could have the power to delete it, or if not delete it, move it to a spot closer to the end of the threads, which wont show up on the latest feed. new phones are fun, but so is this forum,

12 replies

Userlevel 2
18 commas and 1 period. Geez.
in person thats alot of hand flapping and a myrid of posture stances, I don't write books, just read them,. and usually when i am juggling one of four kids,
Userlevel 6
Sunny Daisy wrote:

in person thats alot of hand flapping and a myrid of posture stances, I don't write books, just ...

That would be really hard Steph....how do you decide what is "unnecessary"? And once members have that "power" some may use it in unwanted ways.
Sunny Daisy wrote:

in person thats alot of hand flapping and a myrid of posture stances, I don't write books, just ...

I didnt mean unnecessary. I don't mind reading alot of repetetive things, I just thought maybe it may soothe the toes of your long contributing members, as I see alot of posts about posts already done. I am new here, and none of us are paid. Just thinking that the elders do deserve respect.
Sunny Daisy wrote:

I didnt mean unnecessary. I don't mind reading alot of repetetive things, I just thought maybe it may soothe the toes of your long contributing members, as I see alot of posts about posts already done. I am new here, and none of us are paid. Just thinking that the elders do deserve respect.
Sunny Daisy wrote:

From my phone ! Not sure how I did that twice. (Sheepish , shameless points grab)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sunny Daisy wrote:

Too funny! 😃
Userlevel 6
Mobile Masters use to have some Admin powers until recently, not sure why they removed that ability. I definitely would like it back though.
Userlevel 7
Knowing what I know, that won't happen.
Userlevel 7
What john and Ahmad said. Welcome to the community.
Userlevel 1
When you go into self serve, click on Help and contact us the first place it takes you is to post here so that is why there are so many people posting like they are talking directly to Koodo customer service (e.g. account issues, etc.) and not realizing that that they are posting in a public forum. Yes, it says it but frustrated people tend not to read the screen carefully, [b]they see a box you can post a question in after clicking on help and so they often don't realize that there even is a public forum so we can't really blame them for not searching it to see if the question was already answered when they are unaware "it" exists. That said the public forum is ideal for many kinds of questions and definitely has a place in the customer support structure, I just don't think it should be the default place you are taken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think Mobile Masters should have the ability to delete unnecessary posts in a way but I can see issues arising from that as well. I do hope that those moderating the forum other than the MM are actively doing this though & if not then I would like to see it fall on the shoulders of the MM so it is at least getting done. Especially with the barrage of point grubbing posts we've witnessed as of late lol.