Koodo Community

Community

Solved

add email other than gmail

How do I add other emails to my Nexus4? Every time I try to add a second gmail account and a ucalgary.ca email account, I get nothing but errors.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
What EMail client are you trying to add the UCalgary.ca account to? It needs to go into the stock EMail App not the GMail one.
Yes that is the one I had been trying. And it is an exchange server
Userlevel 5
You may need to talk to the IT department at the university. I know at Red Deer College they had a one page document with the server settings and other such things needed to get your RDC email working on a phone/tablet.
Okay thank you I'll look into that. I used to have a blackberry and the ucalgary email added on there no problem, without having to get more info, is it because of the android email app?
Userlevel 5
Kiara Lantz wrote:

Okay thank you I'll look into that. I used to have a blackberry and the ucalgary email added on...

Yeah I don't know the specifics currently, but the older style Blackberriers were a lot "easier" to set emails up for. I assume blackberry maintained a list of servers and when you tried to connect it just worked. iPhones/Androids require a bit more setup.