Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activation bonus for pre-existing users

So I currently have a working prepaid sim from koodo and a self-serve account. Going to receive my nexus 5 soon(non-contract) and need to purchase a prepaid micro sim (retailing at $20) for the same. If I want to keep my number and add the sim to my current self-serve account, do I still get a $20 activation bonus since I am in fact activating a new sim?

9 replies

Userlevel 2
The activation bonus only applies to new accounts I believe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So only way to do that is to open up a new account again with a new # which isn't really worth the hassle over $20 IMO.
Userlevel 3
Don't bother. They'll just try to screw you just like Bell does.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bill Melater wrote:

Get all your frustration out here but remember when you call them to stay calm it works wonders as I'm learning after having a short temper my entire life. Good luck Bill
Userlevel 3
Bill Melater wrote:

I think I got more frustrated by all the negative responses to my "Bonus.gift" thread. It was as if I was trying to steal from each member posting........rather than just trying to claim what I honestly believe I'm due. Thanks for the laugh though. It worked!!!
Userlevel 2
Bill Melater wrote:

You aren't due anything extra though. No one is being negative towards you Bill. You are just being told what the reality is vs what you thought you expected.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

I wasn't negative Bill. You got your $75.00 food coupon, compared to my 1 year Extended Transferable Warranty, free screen and phone protector.
You can cut your current mini-sim into a micro-sim. Some phone case sellers in malls will do it for $5. But Koodo prepaid mini-sims aren't LTE compatible so you'll be falling back on HSPA+ and not LTE
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jean-Christophe Lavoie wrote:

You can cut your current mini-sim into a micro-sim. Some phone case sellers in malls will do it f...

That has nothing to do with the conversation going on in this thread and only confuses users of the forum